Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: I Have Arrived!

I Have Arrived!

Konichiwa,

I have officially arrived. Still trying to get all my passes and ID's squared away...but I AM HERE!

Talk about culture shock! Left side of the road, right side driving, crazy pedestrians, bikes, mopeds, and super narrow roads. I can't believe how tight everything is.

Camp Zama is really close to the Sobudai-Mae Train Station, so looks like that will be my home station to get around. I just got my drivers license and now trying to buy a car...so much to do before I can venture out beyond my comfort zone.

Hopefully won't be long until I make my first "real" venture.

MikeT,

You were absolutely right! The food is AWESOME! I will definitely need to keep on some exercise schedule.

Aloha All,

Carl

Long time no hear from....Damn you have got to share pics if you have them....Well anyways, welcome back!!!

Tategoi
    Carl:

Glad to hear that you're safe, well and moving in... Was just thinking of you yesterday afternoon and was going to ask Steve H if he's heard from you...

Will be looking forward to reading your travel log, and seeing pictures, of your adventures in Japan...

Is your family there yet... If so, how do they like it... Hope all goes well for you and the family...

Aloha Ke Akua, Mike T

ALL RIGHT! You made it!

Now get busy. We expect to see accounts of a couple of koi farms before the wife and kids arrive :>)

Best of Luck,
    -steve

How about posting a pic per day? ... of "whatever" makes an impression that day. We will all be watching. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Akai-San
    Talk about culture shock! Left side of the road, right side driving, crazy pedestrians, bikes, mopeds, and super narrow roads. I can't believe how tight everything is.
    Welcome to a land where you're not expected to look out for yourself! Don't get me started on pedestrians and scooters...I'll rant on all night!

Seriously, make sure that you give pedestrians and (motor)bikes here the right of way always, regardless of how idiotic they may act. If you hit one, you are always at fault if you are in a car. Always! Feel free to roll down the window and yell at the ones that pull the exceptional stunts. You may shock a few of them and give them the common sense that may save their life one day.

On the other hand, revel in the fact that you are "out in the sticks" by Tokyo standards. You've not seen anything until you're in Tokyo proper with regards to narrow roads and looney pedestrians!

Welcome to the land of Wa, my friend.
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Good to hear from you! Glad to hear you've made it so far, safe and sound!
    Looking forward to your reports!

COOL! I m envious Akai San... Have fun on your new adventrure. .. I should be over there in 2 months for fall harvest...

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Brian
    Welcome to a land where you're not expected to look out for yourself! Don't get me started on pedestrians and scooters...I'll rant on all night!

Seriously, make sure that you give pedestrians and (motor)bikes here the right of way always, regardless of how idiotic they may act. If you hit one, you are always at fault if you are in a car. Always! Feel free to roll down the window and yell at the ones that pull the exceptional stunts. You may shock a few of them and give them the common sense that may save their life one day.

On the other hand, revel in the fact that you are "out in the sticks" by Tokyo standards. You've not seen anything until you're in Tokyo proper with regards to narrow roads and looney pedestrians!

Welcome to the land of Wa, my friend.
    Brian,

I need to change my mailing address, so that I can receive your next issue of Koi-Bito. That will surely get me charged. What is the best way to forward my new information?

Aloha,
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Akai-San
    I need to change my mailing address, so that I can receive your next issue of Koi-Bito. That will surely get me charged. What is the best way to forward my new information?
    Hi Carl,

Just send me a private mail with the title "CHANGE OF ADDRESS". Hope you're settling in now.

rgds,
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum