Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: KoiAmerica 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Torok
    Jen,

Thank you for posting the pictures! We'll hold you to your promise of more after you get some rest.

I really hate that I was unable to attend the show. I had a reunion to attend and it was terrible timing for me. From what I've seen and read it must have been a fantastic weekend. Browsing through the pictures and comments posted here on K-B and on other forums, I've seen a lot of people I know in the hobby. Shows are a great gathering place for koi friends.

I'll be there next time. Why didn't I meet you at the Louisville Koi Show? Or were you there & no one knew it? It's nice to know there is one more koi nut (two, counting your husband!) in Kentucky!

Dale
    Dale - I was wondering if you would be there. The koi you brought to Louisville show (& some in your pond from pics I've seen) would have made a nice addition if you had been so inclined to bring them. Next time!

Yes, we were at the Louisville show. Stayed kind of a closet hobbyist until very recently. Sometimes I pick up from peoples' expressions & demeanor that they are curb appraising me as some lightweight chickie-mama based on my outward appearance and goofy humor. We all do that to some extent, so I'm not all mental & paranoid about it, just aware of it. When I'm feeling that vibe, I prefer to wander in peace around "under the radar" just listening to pick up knowledge instead of engaging in much conversation.

Next year, I'll know who to seek out and talk to. Like I've told Mike Pfeiffer, I plan to get off my lazy butt and get involved in GLKGS before next show. I wouldn't lay money on that - but I certainly intend to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori
    Akinosan, we missed you!!! I had to venture alone and wonder the koi shops talking to customers who thought I worked at Champkoi....
    Fooled me!

Quote Originally Posted by mulberryjen
    Fooled me!
    HAHAHA...You know me, when you guys came to Champ I was trying to educate Mike on Momotaro Bloodline.... Damn, to think of it I really need another vacation to Mizzou....

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789