Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Pond Maintenance

Daily Pond Maintenance

I just finished cleaning our settlement tank, and backwashing 1 of our Ultima's.
    I do this daily, since Frank leaves for work much earlier than I do. I was just wondering how many of the men on this board can get there wives to do pond maintenance? In our circle of koi friends I can't think of one women who would actually go out and dump settlement tanks and bio filters. Do any of you have your wives trained to do the daily pond cleaning. Just in case you can't be home or something happens? The only women I know who do these chores are women who are single and in the hobby for themselves.

Tategoi
    I am single and do my own, but I really enjoy it. I like how I feel when I understand how something works and know how to troubleshoot a problem.

Other women who do it for themselves are women who are married but who cannot get their husbands interested in koi, so enjoy their hobby alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC
    I am single and do my own, but I really enjoy it. I like how I feel when I understand how something works and know how to troubleshoot a problem.

Other women who do it for themselves are women who are married but who cannot get their husbands interested in koi, so enjoy their hobby alone.
    I agree 100% with you Chris. I enjoy knowing that I can fix any problem with our pond, and that our fish our safe in my hands. I remember many years ago when I did not have the hands on knowledge I have now, several hysterical phone calls to my husband ( what do I do). Now he is safe in traveling knowing that I can handle any problem if it arises with our pond and Koi.

my wife can easily be talked into feeding. the rest I do myself. good point tho, if anything ever happened to me, a how to list for maintenance would be helpful!
    I commend you ladies for knowing what to do on your own!

Sansai
    My wife, Kathy, can do the maintenance if needed. But the main responsibility is mine. Koi keeping started out as my hobby but she has taken an interest and helps when ever needed.

Steve

Hey Nancy (and Frank) . . .

nope, Brenda's not involved in the pond maintenance -- not even trained up on it. Guess you're the sole exception to the H & W rule! Don

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M.
    I just finished cleaning our settlement tank, and backwashing 1 of our Ultima's.
    I do this daily, since Frank leaves for work much earlier than I do. I was just wondering how many of the men on this board can get there wives to do pond maintenance? In our circle of koi friends I can't think of one women who would actually go out and dump settlement tanks and bio filters. Do any of you have your wives trained to do the daily pond cleaning. Just in case you can't be home or something happens? The only women I know who do these chores are women who are single and in the hobby for themselves.
    I got a girlfriend in training...HAHAHAHA...Good thing about my lady is she supports me in the hobby 100% and even if it means backwashing...

Tategoi
    Does she know about the "new fish budget" yet?

Hell, I have a hard time getting my wife, as great as she is, to stop feeding so much! She says they always look so hungry! But she would really suprise me if she would do any actual pond maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M.
    WOW

Hey Nancy, What's your daughter doing Later? I mean you gotta figure it runs iin the family

HA HA just kidding...

Joe

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast