Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Judge my 2 new awesome fish!!!

Talking Judge my 2 new awesome fish!!!

Hi...I acquired these 2 fish recently. They have been in quarantine, and will be in my pond in about 2 more weeks. The first one is a Doitsu sanke..the breeder was kase, and the fish is about 5 inches. I am crazy about this fish. The colors are amazingly clean. The second one is a kohaku...american bred from Marudo bloodlines. I purchased him at comets to koi in connecticut. The fish is about 6 inches. The story with him is interesting. I tried to purchase him 4 months ago. He had torn his dorsal fin, so Steve did not want to sell him injured. Each week, when I was in comets to koi, I would ask about him. Steve would catch him, check him and say..not healed yet. Well, finally..I asked and Steve caught and examined him. He said..just about healed. I asked how much for him?...with my eye's very wide!!! Steve said...how about 10 bucks. REALLY?!?!...Steve said Yes, really!!! You don't find many guys in this business as nice as Steve Stone. Well...I have others to show soon...but let me know your honest opinion of these two!!

Here is another shot of the sanke. The other 2 fish are a 3-4 inch goromo from yamazaki, and a 5-6 inch heisei nishiki (I believe..I thought it was a kikusui at first) from Kase.

Of the two I prefer the kohaku to the sanke.

the kohaku has a really nice pattern but I suspect the beni is not any too strong. Don't push it's growth and don't keep the Ph higher than mid 70's.

The sanke may be of better quality but the pattern does nothing for ME,
    but I think what is important here is that you're rebuilding after a difficult experience and that your focused on helping to allow these koi to be the best they can be.