Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: maybe the real reason porous stone works in showers...

Oyagoi
    I would like to see tests run on a situation where lava rock showers are being used that have a load the leaves some nitrate in the system, then switch over to bhm with the same load and see it the nitrate drops.That is what I did by the way, and the reading went from 5-10ppm to undetectable.

So kong is holding out...he knows a little bit about ceramics, looked into dielectrics or ferroelectrics yet kong?

Sansai
    oh boy george found the thread. So much for an intelligent discussion - this one just went in the toilet.

Oyagoi
    I would like the moderators to note that val has already started making nasty personal comments about me on this thread, when I have in no way mentioned or insulted him, and would ask that if he continues with that type of passive agressive stuff he be banned.

Please nip it in the bud so it does not escalate. If you check the other forums, you will find this is how he starts with me in every thread I post on. I consider it a hostile harrassment tactic, and a form of intimidation and a personal threat to my reputation and relationships with others.

This seems to be a professional forum, and personal rancor has no place on it. Please do not let him ruin it for everyone else.

Sansai
    No way mentioned me? You mean how you made that little attack about stuff being developed in singapore instead of gitville atlanta? Yeah, I'm the passive agressive one.

Nice of you to beg for me to be locked, because you were locked... for attempts to insult, intimidate, threaten, and ruin my reputation. I guess you saw how quickly YOU were locked after threatening and personally attacking me (claiming that instead of a scientist, I'm a janitor), and assumed if you accuse me of the same things I will be locked, so you can spew your nonsense unchallenged. The problem with that theory, george, is even if I am locked, plenty of people here are smart enough to challenge your nonsense.

You're right, personal rancor has no place here, which is why you shouldn't have thrown in the jab about atlanta on the other thread... now go away you little hypocrite.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by junglegeorge12
    I would like to see tests run on a situation where lava rock showers are being used that have a load the leaves some nitrate in the system, then switch over to bhm with the same load and see it the nitrate drops.That is what I did by the way, and the reading went from 5-10ppm to undetectable.

So kong is holding out...he knows a little bit about ceramics, looked into dielectrics or ferroelectrics yet kong?
    Easy men, devote your energy to learning and keep the wa.
    The two natural cellular materials are bone and wood. For example a papaya stalk or stem has just the right cell space sizes for growing certain bacteria biofilms. Ceramic cell sizes can be successfully accomplished and veins to afford transportation of bacteria functions so as to create a super colony of oxygen nourished bacteria.
    I am understanding the physical properties now related to ceramic foam. The electrical part will have a chance too but give it time. One step at a time mates and do not let loose of the wa.

WOULD YOU GUYS KNOCK THIS SHIT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PM EACH OTHER OR MEET UP AND BEAT THE SHIT OF OF EACH OTHER, BUT KEEP IT OFF THESE BOARDS!!!!!!!!!!!

Oyagoi
    The two are very interelated kong. I understand the concepts are different, but nevertheless the powders used affect both things (pore size and electrical properties)

val this will be the last time I respond to you in any way outside of a court of law-

1-I never threatened anyone. What I intended was that folks with your personality type and behaviour get yourselves ruined. If you truly felt threatened, I doubt you would be here trying to provoke another fight. I do not want to fight on these boards, and this man has not stopped trying to insult, belittle, fight, and damage my reputation and a very respected breeder's reputation since he got on the boards.

2-If you read all the other threads he is the agressor on each thread as he was on here. My foolishness was to ever resond to such a nasty person. I have every right to come on these boards without having to endure continuous harrassment from him.

3-This is a professional board and his behviour is completely unprofessional. He does not belong on here if he cannot control himself, and stop slandering people and breeders.

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by junglegeorge12
    val this will be the last time I respond to you in any way outside of a court of law-
    A court of law?!? My GOD are you insane.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM

JNorth: I think nitrate levels are your most important test. We know that many systems are excellent at nitrification, but the resulting nitrate is still a nitrogen waste, albeit less harmful. A filtration system which eliminates the nitrogenous waste altogether is going a further step. I think because of the de-gassing, and perhaps also denitrification, Bakki users end up with lower nitrate levels at the same frequency/size of water changes. Your experiment will be interesting if it helps us understand the processes in a koi pond environment a bit better.
    Thanks for your input and I will certainly add Nitrate tests to my experiment. I'm just gonna post the results on my website. No more bakki threads for me as they seem to go downhill way to fast.
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Daihonmei
    Junglegeorge..will you please not post on this thread....your thread was about how BM is better than Lava rock. This is my thread.....please post to your hearts content on tewa threads. All those that want to read your ideas can go to Tewa's thread Now.....as I am sure he will respect my wish to keep this thread about my intial concern. and Not which is better.

MikeM you mentioned that the ammonia could be "spalshed" off..I agree....or at least do not disagree.
    But the ammonia that isn't is probably starting the nitrogen cycle..and eventually turning into nitrates...so the anoxic layer is important in turning the nitrates into Oxygen and Nitrogen ( the nitrogen being "gased-off"?)
    Anoxic had a different meaning to Krupka..he said the Anoxic layer worked at getting the Oxygen out of the nitrate. Whereas the anaerobic layer was mostly about the Sulfides....but that is what I could figure.

and as to the ability of the media to be big enough or the water be in the media long enough to accomplish so much conversion....well remember this mediais a large mass in relation to the fish and water just doesn't move across it...water is moving across it ALL the time...think in terms of your lungs...they make up maybe three percent of the biomass of your body...but they are able to "off-gas" all the carbon-dioxide that you need to have leave the blood. (remember this...the pond is mainly not living tissue...your body wwhile being alot of water THAT water is within cells and therefore is biomass. So a PMS could be very similar to the LUNGS of the pond.)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast