Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what do you think of this kohaku?

Jumbo

what do you think of this kohaku?

Let's critique: This Kohak is male for sure. The beni is "Kagura" Beni. Shiroji is good but it being male it is expected to be down or tinted a bit. Conformation is in question. The head is a bit short and in the long run when the body fills out it will make the head seem small. The bid now is $500+....I would stop bidding on it and move on to the next auction....

Oyagoi
    I prefer the sakai 3 step kohaku just under it in the listing. It has better shaped head, and better definition of all colors. It also has conformity of the white color on head and body.

also from a judges perspective, the red in the pec is separate from contact with body beni making it a bigger fault than if it was simply connected and a continuation.

Jumbo
    thanks dick, jungle and tony
    the seller talks highly about this koi on thier web, goes as far as to saying the red on pec shows the high quality, that got me thinking if what I have been reading are all wrong.

stan

Quote Originally Posted by saratogatan
    thanks dick, jungle and tony
    the seller talks highly about this koi on thier web, goes as far as to saying the red on pec shows the high quality, that got me thinking if what I have been reading are all wrong.

stan
    Stan, gotta clarify.. The dealer has an advantage in this Kohak. He gets to see it in person rather than by picture. What DB sees is by pic. ( not takaing anything away from DB he is correct if it is away from Body. But in fact if Beni is tucked closer to body which it very well might be then the beni is strong in the young koi.

Judge by what you see.. Buy what you see in person.. You have the luxury of 2 quality dealers in the Bay Area. Go and look at the real deal..

Joe

Jumbo
    thanks joe,
    I am not buying at this moment, unless I see something real good in person. I am just browsing to release my stress. I will ask whenever I see something I don't understand. For this koi, I don't know the merit about the hi on pec, and I think I have learned something by asking.

stan

thanks joe,
    I am not buying at this moment, unless I see something real good in person. I am just browsing to release my stress. I will ask whenever I see something I don't understand. For this koi, I don't know the merit about the hi on pec, and I think I have learned something by asking.

stan
    Stan there's no hurt in asking and when I saw you that day at Tom's you ask alot of questions in regards to the Maruyama I had bowled. If we were to compare the body lines of the fish at Tom's and the fish on the web it's different...Maruyama Kohaks tend to have a more spindle plump body...If we compare fish's bodylines to what the typical Maruyama Kohak is sposed to have it doesn't fit...Stan if you have anymore questions feel free to ask them...

Jumbo
    thanks tony, I like the maruyama you bowled to an extend, to me, it is more like a project. I already have 2 projects going on, the 3rd project need to be a great deal for me to do it, so I passed.

stan

thanks tony, I like the maruyama you bowled to an extend, to me, it is more like a project. I already have 2 projects going on, the 3rd project need to be a great deal for me to do it, so I passed.

stan
    Stan you dont hurt my feelings if you pass on something, everyone is learning and to be honest I am still learning too...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast