Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Koiphen Koi Show

Sansai

Koiphen Koi Show

Wanted to get some thoughts from some who have traveled the Koi Shows throughout the country on the idea of a Forum hosting or co-hosting a Koi Show on a large scale. While some of you may not agree with others on Koiphen, I think we can all agree that any way that we can spread knowledge in the hobby to others is a good thing.

Right now, we are just batting around ideas for a show possibly next fall. Yet to decide on a planning comittee to take it further. We are looking at moving the show around the country every year to give folks who would otherwise not have the opportunity to attend. Also looking at the possibility of assisting young or small clubs in starting shows in areas where a show has yet to be established with the thought that the club or clubs can take from the experience and the benefits that Koiphen could bring with the show and continue on from there.

Hopefully you can provide some input on this matter that will assist in the planning.

Here is a link for those interested: http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24640

Brian, please feel free to delete if you find this inappropriate. Just attempting to get some more opinions on the matter as the show would be sponsored by Koiphen but open to all.

Well, sounds like a big undertaking...First of all you need AKCA insurance, then you have to choose a place for the show...Most of the people that surf that site are from the Mid-West...There should be no financial problem, since the Koiphenator has the funds to back it. I would make it a koi show where cash prizes were awarded..Get Art L to judge the show....I wish you guys luck.

Sansai
    Tony, sincerely appreciate your words of encouragement. I hope that this comes to fruition and is one for the record books.

Daihonmei
    Be a damn good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori
    Well, sounds like a big undertaking...First of all you need AKCA insurance, then you have to choose a place for the show...Most of the people that surf that site are from the Mid-West...There should be no financial problem, since the Koiphenator has the funds to back it. I would make it a koi show where cash prizes were awarded..Get Art L to judge the show....I wish you guys luck.
    Antonio
    You make it sound so easy... LOL Lot more work than most think...
    I wish you all luck, as long as you have a good working team, than I am sure that you will be able to pull off a top notch show.

Nancy your right, it's easy to hype something up than it is to actually get down and dirty. I haven't been part of a show before as far as helping in the so-called "trenches", but I am willing to do so at times. We will see how it goes at Kevin's show. Sarge I wish you guys luck, you guys have the guidense of some good people over there. Art and JR are on the MAKC show planning team there and they should be very helpful.

Nancy your right, it's easy to hype something up than it is to actually get down and dirty. I haven't been part of a show before as far as helping in the so-called "trenches", but I am willing to do so at times. We will see how it goes at Kevin's show. Sarge I wish you guys luck, you guys have the guidense of some good people over there. Art and JR are on the MAKC show planning team there and they should be very helpful.
    Well I hope my show in November is one of those times.... I expect to see the KOI-UNIT there and in working clothes.. I need you guys to help me out this year. I am getting to old for this shit.. Besides I need to train you for Kevins show.. LOL

Sansai
    Thanks. I hope that some of these folks who have "been there, done that" will assist in the planning and preparation of such a show. Only time will tell. There are already alot of unique suggestions that would be rather ideal to the learning experience but again, the key is putting ideas into reality.

http://www.koiphenshow.com/

It really is all about the Hobby folks!

Thanks for the support everyone. This show will be the biggest in the history of the Koi World Check out the AllStar lineup. Real serious

http://www.koiphenshow.com/committees.htm

Sansai
    Without a doubt, this will be an event not to miss. I hope to see all there. Much work to do as we progress, but with the cast that has already volunteered and those hopefully to be added it will be the grandest Koi event in the continental USA.

Regards

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast