Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: First All Bay Area Koi Show April 1 & 2, 2006

Dan

I guess you have not been to many shows? Since all shows tape or rope off the judging area. This is so the judges can move around and give all there attention to the koi, and not have to bother with excuse me, can you move all through there judging. Yes some shows are setup so that you can stand outside the ring and see the fish. But not all sites have that space. It is a shame you did not stay, you really missed learning what Koi kichi is all about. I don't think there is any place you could have gone koi related and had the kind of fun we all had.

Quote Originally Posted by danzcool
    Did they finally open up the area so people could actually see the fish? That irked me somewhat, the tape was so far back that you could only see maybe 3 fish out of the entire 31 tanks. I left after just a few minutes today and went somewhere where I could have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M.
    Dan

I guess you have not been to many shows? Since all shows tape or rope off the judging area. This is so the judges can move around and give all there attention to the koi, and not have to bother with excuse me, can you move all through there judging. Yes some shows are setup so that you can stand outside the ring and see the fish. But not all sites have that space. It is a shame you did not stay, you really missed learning what Koi kichi is all about. I don't think there is any place you could have gone koi related and had the kind of fun we all had.
    Thanks much for your explanation. And you know what Nancy? I have also explained it to Dan in person yesterday....

--Dinh

Tosai
    KN: I missed Mickey but want to say Hi to you also. Long time no talk!

A. Duke

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M.
    Dan

Yes they do, howerver usually the tank layout is such that the judges get the inner ring and the public can still follow the outer side (quietly), unfortunately this venue did not allow for that kind of layout, but this show was the best it could be at this venue. And yeah, I have only been to about 7 shows, si I'm definitely not nearly as experienced as you. Koi Kichi... I think that's what I saw Friday night before the babquet where about 20 people hung out at Kevins tanks looking at the tosai picking out their favorites to buy the next morning while getting soaked to the bone, am I right?
    I ended up coming back on Sunday , but by the time I got there at 11am you had already packed up and moved out, first in/first out, huh?
    As for my fun, I ended up going to a koi farm where I was invited to the back and then to one of the greenhouses where I spent a few hours picking out what were, to me, some very nice fish.

Tosai
    Just wanted to say "Thank you" to our computer guru, Jason Sargent, who spent hours and hours entering information and scanning pictures. He did a wonderful job, pretty much unassisted, although I know Garry Chin added a helping hand running paperwork to the judging teams. Jason had all the information for the judges,(and the recorders!) on time and in the right order. Even had pictures for the winning fish for each tank on Sunday morning. Great job Jason. We appreciate all your hard work. See you at the Camellia show!

Jolene

Smile

Now that the show is history I want to take this opportunity to thank all the entrants, vendors, out of towners, benchers, tubbers,helpers, behind the scene helpers, the San Francisco Bay Area club to setting up and tearing down, the photographers, the judges, the auctioneer as without all your help there will not be a koi show.

A special thanks to Kevin of Genki Nishikigoi who gave me a blank check to chair the show.

Got to meet many new faces and also got to put a face to the name made many new friends.

Thanks once again for making this show a success.

What's for me now? V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N.

Larry Gill
    Show chair

Thumbs up

My apology to Joelen who was the DJ at the show banquet, and what a great DJ, she can dance and she sing. Also the set up was ALL PRO.

Jolen thanks once again you help to make the evening fun and relaxing.

Larry Gill
    show chair

Nisai
    Congratulations to all involved! It was a show that the Bay Area needed and it proceeded like clockwork. Thanks to all who showed fish also, they were spectacular!

Thank you Larry, and be sure to thank Fanny for volunteering to sing as well! I want to thank Mike, Mulberry Jen's husband for his awesome voice, the lovely young lady from Oregon ( I forgot her name ) and the Barranco's for joining in the fun.

Everyone who stayed to party had a great time. Those who chose to leave (and unit know who you are) missed out on the real party. All talk and no show. Figures........ !

Jeff and I had a wonderful time and are looking forward to the next show!

Anaheim and Colorado here we come !!

Joelan (mow yo lawn - for those who can't remember!)

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748