Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices hit All time high!!! Norcal $3.50..ATL $6.00 a gallon..

Stan you got a point...But then again you live far from the circle of koi dealers here.

Quote Originally Posted by saratogatan
    we the americans are the most wasteful creatures ever live on this planet. Ga is only one of the many thing we have been wsting. Look t all the SUVs running on say, highway 101 with only the driver in it, look at all the cars that are running idle in parking lot. I don't know how to link SUV with 101, OK, 101 is not in great condition, but hey, there isn't any open manhole or unpaved section on 101. May be I am stupid, but if I call many of the SUV drivers 'dump ass', I don't think they can say the contrary.

I encourage all americans to ask themselve this question: how many sheets of napkin do you use when you eat fast food ? 5 ? 50 ? Almost every get done with 1 outside of US.

We account for 5% of the world population, but consume 35% of the world's resources. Do we deserve to cosume this much of the resource ? I think it is highly questionable. Compare to europe, whole account for less than half of the world's resource consumption, where is see the different in quality of life ? No ? not that visible ? how could that be ? The answer is simple, we are extremely wasteful.

Compare to the rest of the world, $3 gas is dirt cheap. I like to see it hitting $10 per gallon. Sure, things will get pricey, but we will conserve, at least those who cannot aford it will conserve. If we keep doing what we have been doing for the last 40 years, our children will have nothing for their days. Maybe they will find their ways out, like becoming the alien in the movie 'July 4'. But wait, since we are a bunch of dump asses, I don't think they can become that smart in a hundre years or two. If they do, I think they will success where the alien failed in the movie. Reason: we are extremely good in killing with no remorse.

stan

The way I look at it is the refineries have watched others in Europe and else where pay $4-6 a gallon, why can't we charge that same price here in the US? I have said this since gas prices hit $1.80gal. and since then we all *****ed when it hit $2 so they brought the price down a little then gradually increased it somemore, and after a while nobody complained about paying $2 after they got used to it. Right now they'll probably top out for a while, and lower the price a bit after the holiday weekend, then it will stay at $3 till we all get used to paying that, and then it will start all over again till they get it up to $4-5gal.

What crazy is the refineries profits have never been higher, is there a shortage of crude oil, no, does it cost anymore today than it did when we were paying $1.25 to refine the fuel, not much...............
    “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed” Adolf Hitler

Chris~

Sansai
    personally i'd like to see them add a $2 per gallon tax to gas, and use it to fund building the infrastructure so we can start moving over to alternative fuel vehicles. We have the technology today to eliminate most peoples' reliance on fossil fuels, but we don't have the production levels or the infrastructure to do so.

The other thing that is kind of funny to me is that some of the refineries are right here in Nor-Cal (Richmond), and the further you travel into the US the cheaper gas gets, even though they have to truck it further (spend more $ getting the product to it's destianation), but we are where the demand is

You know I am goin to buy a H2 throw some 26" DUBs on it, drive it by Stans house, bumpin some G-Unit and pick him up to go koi hunting... HAHAHAHAHA just joking with you Stan....

Quote Originally Posted by Valarc
    personally i'd like to see them add a $2 per gallon tax to gas, and use it to fund building the infrastructure so we can start moving over to alternative fuel vehicles. We have the technology today to eliminate most peoples' reliance on fossil fuels, but we don't have the production levels or the infrastructure to do so.
    Damn kinda steep, but if it works to get people switching over so be it...But I also wish Cali's sales tax was so high..

Sansai
    All the oil we need is sitting under a block of ice under Alaska, maybe the Democrats will step aside now with the environmental issues and let us it while it still has some value. Those one or two polar bears will probably be fine anyways. I drove a ~380hp car to work here today, one that gets 23.5mpg, a European with a similar job probably drove a 56hp Pugeot to work today and gets 40mpg. Anyone that thinks livestyles are equal probably has never traveled in europe. Most of our problems have easy solutions, new Nuclear facilities are much cleaner and cost effective. Gas Refineraries take years to build b/c all the environmental steps they have to go through (12-yr is average I think), I'm sure there is a way to streamline the process or relax regulations. Who cares if we run out 50 or 60 years from now, there are other effective methods that will be in place well before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan S.
    I drove a ~380hp car to work here today, one that gets 23.5mpg, a European with a similar job probably drove a 56hp Pugeot to work today and gets 40mpg.
    Must be nice to have that much HP, and get that good of gas mileage. Jeez, I have a 03' Dodge truck that gets 10.5mpg Yeah, it's got a Hemi
    It just sits most of the time, my car is my work truck, but it only gets around 18-20mpg

Lucky for me I got 4 koi shops within a mile of my house
    Now why do you have to rub it in?

It doesn't matter what the price is for gas we all will pay it, because we have to. It might just cost a little more to have fun now, but that will not slow me down. It might make me think twice about some driving, but not on the things I want to do. The real down side to it all of this is, we will pay for it the long run. If it's not at the pump, it will be in EVERYTHING we buy. It cost money in gas to get thinks where they need to go.

Tom

Keep it simple, keep it straight Koi-Bito.com

Jumbo
    ryan, what 380HP car are you driving ? 18 mpg ? that is great fuel efficiency. With that car, you can afford the gas at $50 per gallon, and so you're bejudged to always buy at $50 gallon.

Tony, I have not been hunting koi lately, $3 is too steep for my liking , beside I gave away my guns when I got married, that is why I call myself 'salam, 2 guns', which means 'make peace, cause I have 2 guns' . bring that H2, or H3, that terrain behind my house is perfect for testing the H2., oops, bring a gas tanker with you, would you, in case you run out of gas.

stan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast