Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gas prices hit All time high!!! Norcal $3.50..ATL $6.00 a gallon..

WOW!, just one napkin? Don't they eat ribs over there?

Akinosan has enough GAS to power the world! Except when he supplies it.. The world won't exist.

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by saratogatan
    ryan, what 380HP car are you driving ? 18 mpg ? that is great fuel efficiency. With that car, you can afford the gas at $50 per gallon, and so you're bejudged to always buy at $50 gallon.

Tony, I have not been hunting koi lately, $3 is too steep for my liking , beside I gave away my guns when I got married, that is why I call myself 'salam, 2 guns', which means 'make peace, cause I have 2 guns' . bring that H2, or H3, that terrain behind my house is perfect for testing the H2., oops, bring a gas tanker with you, would you, in case you run out of gas.

stan
    C5 Corvette (some performance mods), it averages 23.5mpg in my use with my heavy foot. I have Mazda Protege 130mpg economy car that average 25mpg and a Mazda Tribute 201hp SUV 4x4 that averages 19mpg also. Fuel mileage is probably closer related to vehicle weight than anything.

Tosai
    hi guys

over here in the uk we pay twice what you guys pay so think yourself lucky
    regards
    lee

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Akinosan
    WOW!, just one napkin? Don't they eat ribs over there?
    I think the only things with legs that human don't eat are chair and table. They ought to love ribs like we do, the problem is that all ribs have been ship to US, to be wasted.

napkin is a US invention, many people are stil using hankechief outside of US. When they don't have one, sleeve comes to the rescue.

stan

ryan, what 380HP car are you driving ? 18 mpg ? that is great fuel efficiency. With that car, you can afford the gas at $50 per gallon, and so you're bejudged to always buy at $50 gallon.

Tony, I have not been hunting koi lately, $3 is too steep for my liking , beside I gave away my guns when I got married, that is why I call myself 'salam, 2 guns', which means 'make peace, cause I have 2 guns' . bring that H2, or H3, that terrain behind my house is perfect for testing the H2., oops, bring a gas tanker with you, would you, in case you run out of gas.

stan
    Stan when I get married I don't think I will get rid of my guns...The 4 things I love are my HK SOCOM .45, My Rottweilers, My Kohak RP and My watches...

Nisai
    Vimes is right here in the UK we pay around 4.25 at the moment for a gallon of Unleaded gas.

That works out to around $7.84 - now that's expensive!! Reckon i get around 23 - 25mpg out of my Celica GT.

Aquitori,

When i moved in with my other half (Nadine),

I kept my Gun and bought another and she kept hers aswell.

We bought a Rottie called Ellie

I built a Koi pond

Now that is what i call the ideal woman.

BRIAN-That's good news! I will be excited to see the changes. I have been monitoring all of the boards around and think this one has been growing leaps and bounds and with lots of great topics thanks to our supporters!

something new will always attract some new folks which will keep this board on the cutting edge. Will also help to keep the "old Timers" interested as well.

So maybe i need to get rid of my truck and go to and itsey bitsey, teeney weenie geo metro! (lol)

Mr. Aquitori,

I think we should move to Goldfish hobby instead of Koi ;-))

BTW, if you think gas price is so hight here, you can simply
    move to Europe :--)))

--Dinh

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori
    Gas prices hit All time high!!! Norcal $3.50..also heard in ATL $6.00 a gallon..Now what is wrong with this picture? I know this is a koi board but I would like to stress that this is stupid....Now travelling around to is going to be a *****....Lucky for me I got 4 koi shops within a mile of my house, if I need to run and get stuff....What's your take on this?

we the americans are the most wasteful creatures ever live on this planet.

Stan - Are you sure about this ;-))

Ga is only one of the many thing we have been wsting. Look t all the SUVs running on say, highway 101 with only the driver in it, look at all the cars that are running idle in parking lot. I don't know how to link SUV with 101, OK, 101 is not in great condition, but hey, there isn't any open manhole or unpaved section on 101. May be I am stupid, but if I call many of the SUV drivers 'dump ass', I don't think they can say the contrary.

Just womdering what do you call the SUV makers?

I encourage all americans to ask themselve this question: how many sheets of napkin do you use when you eat fast food ? 5 ? 50 ? Almost every get done with 1 outside of US.

Perhaps, they should charge for each napkin instead of giving "free" to customers;-)) I think this will help;-))

We account for 5% of the world population, but consume 35% of the world's resources. Do we deserve to cosume this much of the resource ? I think it is highly questionable. Compare to europe, whole account for less than half of the world's resource consumption, where is see the different in quality of life ? No ? not that visible ? how could that be ? The answer is simple, we are extremely wasteful.

Good point - but if a koi hobbyist has a small pond, but wants to buy a lot of koi. Does he/she deserve to buy more koi than us????

Compare to the rest of the world, $3 gas is dirt cheap. I like to see it hitting $10 per gallon.

guess your dream will come true soon ;-((

Sure, things will get pricey, but we will conserve, at least those who cannot aford it will conserve. If we keep doing what we have been doing for the last 40 years, our children will have nothing for their days. Maybe they will find their ways out, like becoming the alien in the movie 'July 4'. But wait, since we are a bunch of dump asses, I don't think they can become that smart in a hundre years or two. If they do, I think they will success where the alien failed in the movie. Reason: we are extremely good in killing with no remorse.

stan
    Best regards,
    --Dinh

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast