Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did someone say Mardi Gras?...

Did someone say Mardi Gras?...

Just wanted to say our prayers go out to those who have been hit hard to Katrina,

Big time prayers. Shrimp boat fleet owner in Biloxi, Miss. is sticking it out with family to find valuables and closure. Three out of four homes gone. High water line marked at 28 feet 6 inches on second floor of remaining house which saved them.

EVERY TIME i HEAR ABOUT SHRIMP BOATS I ALWAYS VISUALIZE THE MOVIE FORREST GUMP...AND THE LONG LIST OF WAYS TO PREPARE SHRIMP!

i QUESS IN MY ADVANCED YEARS, I'VE COME TO BELIEVE WHEN PEOPLE GO THRU THINGS LIKE THIS THERE IS ALWAYS A REASON/LESSON TO BE LEARNED FROM IT THAT BENEFITS IN THE END.

My heart goes out to all the people.

With that said, I think they need to open season on all the looters. That crap makes me sick. Then to top it they are rapping people left and right.

I think they need some of the asian store owners we have here. Remember when they went crazy in LA. The asian store owners took it under control. They sat up with a few hundred rounds waiting for the looters to come. Then it was open season on the ones that wanted to loot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom C
    With that said, I think they need to open season on all the looters. That crap makes me sick. Then to top it they are rapping people left and right.
    No way in and no way out of New Orleans for the last few days. No real police or military around and everything you had is gone. It must look like armaggedon from the inside. No suprise it has turned into a free for all.
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Nisai
    Yea
    What would you do if you were starving ...die

Is looting doing any real harm.

Steve W

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W
    Yea

Steve W
    While I don't condone the looting I sure understand why it is happening. I'd like to think if I were in that situation all I would "loot" would be what I needed to survive like food, water and dry clothes. I'd like to think that taking a 50" plasma screen TV would not be something I would be doing.

But really back to the intent of this thread. My prayers and my families prayers go out to the people affected by this horrible tragedy. Give til it hurts and then give a little bit more.
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Yea

Steve time to turn on the TV. Not to many people are taking food or water. I don't have a problem with it if they were taking food and water. I saw two looters take a boat away from someone saving people on TV. They took the boat to move all the stuff they looted. It's time to shoot people like that.

While I don't condone the looting I sure understand why it is happening. I'd like to think if I were in that situation all I would "loot" would be what I needed to survive like food, water and dry clothes. I'd like to think that taking a 50" plasma screen TV would not be something I would be doing.
    YOU GOT IT JIM

I hate a theif, but if it was me and I thought I could get out and sell that darn TV and get me and my family or just even myself a bath some food and good nites sleep you darn right I would take the TV or anything else I could get. They ack like these people have all they need. It sickens me to think what these people are going through and for people to nock em , it way out of line. As far as hurting others, all I have to say about these people is they are sick. I get sick just listening to the new cast talking about looting and what they will do to the people. You can even get close to what these people are going through unless you are in the same boat, no way and no idea. If you think about this most of the items that are being taken are insured inways and most will be no good in time anyway and from what I understand the store owner are not coming back for the things because they cant take them with them anyway.

Now it has turned race, race, race, that makes me sick to and these trouble makers like Jesse Jackson should not be on TV. Its just sick to think that the white people are that cruel to others . We cant help what our ancestor done . Times have changed and people are not that race, race, race anymore. Just a big bunch of bull, Im white and wish I could be their getting my black brothers and sisters out.

May God be with them.

Oyagoi
    Here is my opinion for what it is worth- fire the head of fema, he was given every resource he asked for and people died because he could not coordinate efforts to get water and food to people. Being compassionate is one thing, being a sissy is another. How the hell did he not know folks were without water in the convention center until thursday if I knew Monday??????

Two- the problem is not the looters taking food, water, supplies, and even monetary items. These foks have lost everything, including their jobs. The job market is going to be so saturated it is not very likely they will find work for a long time. Meanwhile they have to eat, feed kids, find a place to stay, and have no money or income. The hotels have been sadly throwing them out in the street. Every hotel doing that should be marked and burned to the ground. These people have babies and kids that need shelter. They need to steal enough to survive for months on the road with outrageous gas prices in their eyes. Let them loot, focus on rescues.

The real problem is those going around with weapons and hindering rescue efforts. They need to be shot, in public, right in the forehead, so the others can be warned. Then stuff one of the generals cigars down thier throat. They are stopping efforts that will save lives, and are guilty of murder for it, and should be treated as murderers on the loose. Lock and load, rock and roll, fire at will. Let the National Gaurd deal with them as a deadly enemy to the people. Do not relent until every one of them is dead.

Drop water bottles in rafts near to places they think survivors might still be holding on. Drop food and sterno with lighters in floating packages so they can sterilize water, heat food, and use the fire to let people know they are there and so rescuers can get a feel from up high of where the people waiting for rescue are concentrated.

what I do not understand- why did greyhound buses take four days to secure???? why are there not thousands of helicopters on scene rescuing people stranded? Why are there not apache helicopters ther to go where shots were fired to obliterate any resistance to rescue efforts?

What the hell is fema doing with all the money they are taking if it isnt rescuing people? Are they engaged in business (ie kickbacks for contracts and money donations???)? How do you clean up a corrupt regime??? From the top down, just like saddam hussein, fire the director and the rest will learn......

The last thing, lets drop the race stuff. This is not about race. This is about a storm that has no mercy for anyone or ability to tell race demolishing a large area and causing flooding. The rest of the bad behaviour is being done by people who need to be taught a lesson, regardless of race. If they happen to be black since alot of blacks lived inthat area, too bad for them. Lock and load.

The truth is fema is corrupt, everyone in PR knows it. You should see the houses previous governors had built by fema after a storm that ripped a few shingles off...........that isnt about race, it is about greed and the most vile kind of lechery......stealing aid sent to needy people, the opposite of robin Hood, put him right next to the gunmen hindering the aid and give him the same treatment, that of a murderer on the loose......

here most of the aid sent to better the island is stolen by politicians and paid out for contracts that do not get performed, like fixing roads or upgrading the power grid, its a given here, we do not understand why americans dont know fema is corrupt and thatpoliticans and their families are stealing the aid money from those it was sent to help...we have been suffering here for decades due to it nd the FBI refuses to do anything.......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast