Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: the prop pump

Daihonmei

the prop pump

well I haven't gotten my wish ...yet.

BUT here's my most recent post on the "LAKELUKE" thread over on themudpond.com....And if you remember that the lake came in at 46,000gallons; I've raised the level 5 inches, and each inch is about 880gallons......

" the water is clearer today than yesterday . so that is three days of getting clearer....about four days ago I put the prop pump in there and closed off the skimmers so a good portion of the flow went through the vortex island.....and it is working..... HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY.
    And the flow in the pond is so strong that the pond scum piles up at the bridge which cuts off the surface flow3/4th of the way around the pond..a fine layers of dry looking pond scum....a beautiful sight...the sight of a little success.
    The water itself flows around and around thepond which at this level is 50,000 gallons, all that movement from a DIY poorly-designed .5 hp ...

Quote Originally Posted by luke frisbee
    well I haven't gotten my wish ...yet.

BUT here's my most recent post on the "LAKELUKE" thread over on themudpond.com....And if you remember that the lake came in at 46,000gallons; I've raised the level 5 inches, and each inch is about 880gallons......

" the water is clearer today than yesterday . so that is three days of getting clearer....about four days ago I put the prop pump in there and closed off the skimmers so a good portion of the flow went through the vortex island.....and it is working..... HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY.
    And the flow in the pond is so strong that the pond scum piles up at the bridge which cuts off the surface flow3/4th of the way around the pond..a fine layers of dry looking pond scum....a beautiful sight...the sight of a little success.
    The water itself flows around and around thepond which at this level is 50,000 gallons, all that movement from a DIY poorly-designed .5 hp ...

damn luke I wanna check this out but I forgot my PW on that site.. I just wanna check out this Prop pump...

Joe

Luke: Amazing what you've accomplished.

Daihonmei
    Thanks guys,
    I'm sure of the goal.

My next big adventure...catching the fish I don't want to have eating MY food any longer...Seine nets and my BIG koi net...and I mean big....my koi net IS bigger than YOUR koi net (smilie sticking his tongue out here)