Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Koi Water Barn Extravaganza

Koi Water Barn Extravaganza

Hello

On the 25th of september the Extravaganza will be held at Koi Water Barn in the UK. I have been wanting to attend this for years, and finally I got around planning to do so.

But I was wondering if there is anyone on this forum that has attended previous Extravaganza. And if so, can you tell me something about it, especially the tategoi challenge and how this works.

Thanks

Regenmeneer

Sansai
    i have been several times and ive got 4 koi for this year, i think all the koi may now be gone as they selected the selecting positions yesterday. but you could still check to be sure.

once all the fish have been sold/reserved a week or so befor the day they pick the names of the purchasers out of a hat and the first names out of the hat get first selection etc, they will then inform you of your position and you just turn up on the day of the extravaganza and wait your turn to select.

one year later you can bring the koi purchased back to be judged and the one seen to be the best on the day wins the owner a free visit to Japan with KWB.

this year you had to reserve your position with a credit card as many poeple would back out if their selecting position was at the tail end of the selection.

kevan.

Hello Kevan

I have already signed up for the tategoi challenge, and received my positions on saturday ( 7 and 20 )

But the selection of the koi starts at 8:00, and KWB indicated that my time to select would be shortly after 8:00. That's a very short time to already have selected 6 koi before it is my turn. So my question is, how much time do you get to select your koi, and is it possible to view the 100 koi before selection time?

Regenmeneer

Sansai
    Hi Regenmeneerim

not sure just how long you get to select but i think its just a few mins, i guess the earlier you get there the better. if you want to have longer to view the koi, i would suggest contacting the barn to find out when they open up and explain your situation to them, but you can view the koi before your selection time(at least you could in the past).

either way your very lucky with those positions, my first selection is 61 and last is 98, if you want more time to view we could always swap

kevan.

LOL

Thanks for the offer Kevan, but Ik think I'll just stick to the picking order as it is

I've already send a mail to the barn. Maybe we ( 2 of us ) will go the day before and try to check the koi then. Think that's possible?

I can't wait to go. Are you bringing back any tategoi you bought last year? By the way, which breeders have supplied the tategoi in past years?

Would be nice to see you at the extarvaganza. Two dutch guys can't be missed

Regenmeneer

Unhappy Tategoi comp. Sept.25-05

Hi, check out KWB's web site, some fool ripped off their air pumps on tategoi tanks, suffered some set backs and loss. Seem to be scrambling to get more koi in time. Sorry for the news. Good luck.

Hello

KingKong, thanks for the concern. I was told about it a week and a half ago. Instead of the tosai tategoi, there now will be nisai from SSF Hiroshima for the tategoi challenge.

Unfortunately, contrary to the tosai, which were all go-sanke, the nisai shipment will contain a lot of other variŽties besides go-sanke. And I would like to pick 2 kohaku or a kohaku and a showa. So there will be less choice

Regenmeneer

Sansai
    Hi Regenmeneer i will only be going on the day of the extravaganza so i wont be there the day before but ill keep an eye out for a Dutch guy with early pickings
    myself im from the south of England.

i hope Brian doesnt mind but if anyone is interested i have 2 positions i can let go at cost £150 for the both of them as i too wanted kohaku and with the positions i have i think ill be lucky to get even one .

positions i have spare are 89 and 98

kevan.

Hi

I received a mail from Keith Holmes, manager at KWB.

The koi will be shown from 7:30 on, selection will start at 8:00, and you will have 5 minutes to select your koi.

Kevan, I have a pony tail and the guy with me has red hair. See you there.

Regenmeneer

Sounds like a fun event, you guys should have fun picking nisai....Any picks of whats availible?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast