Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are you here?

Nisai
    I think as a a dealer more dealers might think about educating folks through their experiences on the internet and in person and honestly help new folks without always thinking about that dollar sign.
    There is an old saying...what goes around comes around...it does come back to you...if you give zero you will probably get zero back.

Cool, just wanted to welcome all the new people here...We all hope that pick up new things that the other boards dont discuss...

Quote Originally Posted by Chagoi
    I think as a a dealer more dealers might think about educating folks through their experiences on the internet and in person and honestly help new folks without always thinking about that dollar sign.
    There is an old saying...what goes around comes around...it does come back to you...if you give zero you will probably get zero back.
    I have had talk with many dealers about this. The response I get is pretty much the same..

Just to busy with customers or misc stuff.

I can respect that. Being busy means they are doing something..

My opinion is also just because not on the net doesn't mean they don't give back to the koi community its just not here in outer space.. LOL Thats jsut my opinion which doesn't count ( so my wife tells me )

But I do appreciate dealers input for sure..

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by keokoi
    I have had talk with many dealers about this. The response I get is pretty much the same..

Just to busy with customers or misc stuff.

I can respect that. Being busy means they are doing something..

My opinion is also just because not on the net doesn't mean they don't give back to the koi community its just not here in outer space.. LOL Thats jsut my opinion which doesn't count ( so my wife tells me )

But I do appreciate dealers input for sure..

Joe
    How much stuff do we take seriously on the net anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Chagoi
    Brian, I think that it is great that you are able to spend so much time on the internet helping hobbiest. Unfortuately most of the dealers I know, don't have the time to spend on interent. They are to busy running there bussiness and helping hobbiest in person or on the phone. I think that most dealers do help to educate and promote the hobby. And I agree it should not always about $$$. But some customers really don't want to learn, they just want you to fix the problem for them.. While others are thirsty for knowledge..

Fry
    Nancy

I think your right the thing is people fore the most part dont care what the problem is they just want you to fix it. I am a KHA (koi health advisor) and 90% of the calls I go on and I go on alot, it is what can we do to fix my problem? Then you set up a plan and the people will do the first part but will not fowell through with it. That is the thing we need to try to teach people, you have to keep with it. Now is it the dealers that should get on the web and try to get this done? I feel that it is up to all of us koi keepers to get the massage across.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12