Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The First U.S. Bred Gosanke GC?

Honmei

Orange County ZNA

Mature Champion or RGC...can't remember for sure. One of Doug Dahl's home breds back a few years ago.

Steve

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by aquitori
    EDoc? Who the hell is that? I dont hide behind other handles...Everyone knows me as AKA Koi(-)Unit...So whatever is an EDoc is beyond me...Whatever...Dont bother me over here, cuz I dont bother you guys over there...

Getting back to the thread that Tim C/Chengro/Sarge/Yamakoshi started...Maybe a Domestic bred koi has a chance, but it all depends on the competition. This is here at the local US show...But honestly I don't see a Domestic Koi winning a major prize GC here on the West Coast....
    Love your little cheap shots you are a funny guy. Hey Chris, can I borrow your saying? I think it applys with this guy.

Gotta love the internet hype for the Koiphen Nashville show. No matter how Brady's koi develops, folks will have to go to Nashville to see for themselves. ... country music & all. (But, if the show is a success, Brady's fish does not stand a chance ... simply too young to compete against the big gals.)

Stephen: Is Nashville enough to tempt your GC Kohaku back to the show ring? I know you said she would never be shown again, but occasionally you change your mind about things.

I think our breeders here in America and the UK have great parent koi, the knowledge and desire and it will happen.

I don't profess to have a crystal ball but as i read the future, shipping costs and disease will begin to have more and more koi keepers looking to local production.
    Will it ever be like Australia? I wouldn't exclude that from happening...

I do believe the best breeders of koi right now are in japan, but the gap is closing rapidly and other factors may very well change the scope of things.

SMG...The west coast heh? This is a good thing! This weekend I sort my asagi's
    and the biggesr female with the least of color will be named "minnow"....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM
    Gotta love the internet hype for the Koiphen Nashville show. No matter how Brady's koi develops, folks will have to go to Nashville to see for themselves. ... country music & all. (But, if the show is a success, Brady's fish does not stand a chance ... simply too young to compete against the big gals.)

Stephen: Is Nashville enough to tempt your GC Kohaku back to the show ring? I know you said she would never be shown again, but occasionally you change your mind about things.
    Hi Mike

Yepper - Koiphen Type Hype for Koiphen Type Show

Mary & I will never take a fish to a show - Ever Again! The Envy, Jealousy & even Hatred that followed our One & Only showing that we did in Orlando was enough to last a lifetime.

NFM

Stephen

Can someone post a picture of that koi here? Guests cannot see photos at the koiphen site

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C
    Love your little cheap shots you are a funny guy. Hey Chris, can I borrow your saying? I think it applys with this guy.
    Whatever dude, you can say whatever you want...but don't say you know more about koi than me...late.

Sure Greg - Here are some just recently snapped. Last pic is of the 2 BradyGoi that I have had for about a year now. 3 more years they may be Nice.

Regards

Stephen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The First U.S. Bred Gosanke GC?-601.jpg   The First U.S. Bred Gosanke GC?-602.jpg   The First U.S. Bred Gosanke GC?-604.jpg   The First U.S. Bred Gosanke GC?-605.jpg   The First U.S. Bred Gosanke GC?-701.jpg  

Sansai
    I think we will have one very soon. Plenty of american bred fish can complete, especially at the smaller shows. Seriously, did anyone see the Atlanta results pics? At the shows with a lot of better competiton it may be a while still.

Daihonmei
    St Ephen,
    Dem fish look pretty good....where's feo?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast