Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisville Koi Club - Lexington, KY Pond Tour

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by dinh
    Dale,

Would be real nice if you can post some of the pond pictures after the tour.

--Dinh
    Dinh, mulberryjen has already stated above that she'll be bringing her camera to take pictures. As the host and tour guide, I'll defer to her for taking pictures. Y'all raz her if she doesn't post a bunch of pictures after the end of the day tomorrow.

Dale

Jumbo

Translation,... :)

"Dale's pond, filtration (and "house" for filtration), landscaping and koi are all kick butt quality."

MulberryJen,... I'm not familiar with the term "kick butt quality" can you please translate this for us?

Best Wishes,
    Brady Brandwood

It's a Kentucky term. You wouldn't understand though you probably have a number of fish with similar quality and even better qualities. I'm sure Dale and Jennifer could try to explain it.

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by gofish
    We live just south of Indy and would have loved to have come down; however, we didn't see this post until yesterday and the hubby has to go to Ohio this weekend. I love Lexington and think it is a beautiful city and would love to see some of the ponds there. Any chance of doing this again next summer???

Aquitori, hubby said to tell you if you come through Indy on your way to KY or back from KY you would be more than welcome to come look at our koi pond. It's about 12000 gal and all of our filtration is in our basement. We're about 15 min south of the Indy Int'l airport.

Tamara
    Tamara,

Wish you could have joined us. I don't know if we will do this in Lexington again next summer or not. Not as a club activity as they will be looking for a different city next year.

However, if you are ever down this way, consider yourself invited to stop by for at least a 'one pond tour'. Just let us know ahead of time when yoiu're heading this way. We have family in the Indianapolis area, so we might get in touch with you before our next trip up there. There is only sooooooooooo much you can take of relatives one stretch at a time. We might need a koi pond break!!!

Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Brandwood
    "Dale's pond, filtration (and "house" for filtration), landscaping and koi are all kick butt quality."

MulberryJen,... I'm not familiar with the term "kick butt quality" can you please translate this for us?

Best Wishes,
    Brady Brandwood
    C'mon Brady, a boy from the South that hasn't heard the term "kick butt" used as an adjective? Pulleeeeezzzzzz.

To be able to kick someone's butt is an accomplishment deserving of bragging rights, because that's a great, high-minded way to solve one's differences with your fellow man. Once you have kicked someone's butt, there is no longer any dispute about your superiority over that individual. Therefore, his pond is undisputedly of superior quality. I'll translate that to proper modern American English for you:

His pond is da bomb, tight, or phat. Dale is mac daddy or a big dog, a real player. Filter house rules. Landscape is kickin'. His place is the shizzle foe-zizzle. Got it?

Quote Originally Posted by dinh
    Dale,

Would be real nice if you can post some of the pond pictures after the tour.

--Dinh
    That's the plan. I'll do my best. Sometimes I get to jabbering about fish and forget to take the pictures.

Ahem, Player=playa (hahahah)

Quote Originally Posted by gofish

Aquitori, hubby said to tell you if you come through Indy on your way to KY or back from KY you would be more than welcome to come look at our koi pond. It's about 12000 gal and all of our filtration is in our basement. We're about 15 min south of the Indy Int'l airport.

Tamara
    Thanks Tamara, have to tell my lady so we can plan a day trip when I get to Missouri next month...filtration in the basement sounds very interesting...

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by keokoi
    Ahem, Player=playa (hahahah)
    Sorry, you can take the girl out of the midwest, but you can't take the midwest outta the girl.

Quote Originally Posted by mulberryjen
    Sorry, you can girl out of the midwest, but you can't take the midwest outta the girl.
    8 outta 9 aint bad.. Your true colors are showing.. Come to the NorCal side.. HAHAHA

Good Luck on ya'lls pond tour.. Wishing I could check it out but I gotta be here chopping baby trees..

Joe

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast