Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakki Shower Info?

Honmei

Bakki Shower Info?

Can anyone who has the Bakki shower please tell me what the dimensions of the stainless steel unit is? Lenght x width x height.

Thank You

Russell: Welcome! That is an interesting question for a first post. You'll have to tell us what you are up to.

...My "compact" Bakki is composed of trays which measure 40" long, 16" wide and 12" deep. Counting the spray bar over the top and the extra length created by the piping along the side, the unit as a whole occupies a space 50" long, 53" tall and 16" wide. Mine rests directly on a pad with subterranean returns to the pond. If it was elevated as typically seen in ads, the height would increase accordingly.

Russ...welcome! I like Mike, also am intriqued with the reasoning behind your first question. You'll have to tell us more. I had mine made at 2/3rds scale to fit inside a smaller inside pond.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters
    Can anyone who has the Bakki shower please tell me what the dimensions of the stainless steel unit is? Lenght x width x height.

Thank You

I think it doesn't matter the size of the shower but the amount of bacteria house you use. It seems you need atleast 100kg per 2000gals. Stainless steel is is cool but to expensive, I am using a soybean crate that has smaller holes than a milk crate....

I have the "double wide" version on the bigger pond which is 24" wide, otherwise the same dimensions as Mike's

On the old quarantine pond, have the plastic crates which measure 24" long by 14" wide by 12" high for each crate, or 24" by 14" wide by 48" high.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Winkler
    I have the "double wide" version which is 24" wide, otherwise the same dimensions as Mike's
    Show off..

I think it does matter a bit on how the water is distributed and the air gap between the trays.. Otherwise we would just use 1 big chamber and drop it through. he trick is letting it degass into open air.

Still waiting for mine and its pretty much to late for my season. Water is at 60 degrees..

Joe

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by keokoi
    Show off..

I think it does matter a bit on how the water is distributed and the air gap between the trays.. Otherwise we would just use 1 big chamber and drop it through. he trick is letting it degass into open air.

Still waiting for mine and its pretty much to late for my season. Water is at 60 degrees..

Joe
    LOL.. Heating is a bootiful ting even in sunny Santa Cruz

[QUOTE=Bob Winkler]LOL.. Heating
    Looking into it BW.. I just kinda might put it off again this winter. Life kinda dropped the Bomb on me the last coupla weeks..

Bob? what kinda heater you using and at what temps are you keeping them at during winter..

Joe

sorry to hear that Joe.. Hope things get better very soon

We have two different heaters, currently using the raypak 155,000 BTU unit on the quarantine outside. Long term, will not be using it, as there are many issues I don't like about it (can go into more deep if need be), but it does work for now. Also have one (will need two for the big ponds when done) larger Koi Heat heater that I used at the old house for a while to test it. it works well, after a few minor adjustments. Just was over kill for the 2400 gallon quarantine for now, so we hooked up the Ray pack for now.

Temps are varied throughout the year between 75-78F to 52-55 at lowest. I shoot for 55, but sometimes in a real cold snap, it can overwhelm the heater a little bit. I think the 20F difference is important.

If I had to start again from scratch, would either buy the one from Koi Heat or USA Koi that is similar. Sized according to need.
    Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

Tategoi
    Aloha Tony:

Your Quote: "I think it doesn't matter the size of the shower but the amount of bacteria house you use. It seems you need atleast 100kg per 2000gals."

Not sure if this is correct but I was told by my supplier that the minimum ratio should be 20 kilos/1000 gallons... Use that ratio on our ponds and it seems to work well... Have found that increasing the volume to 3 times pond size/hour also adds to clarity... Of course the more BacH media you use the better the results, however, costs becomes a factor...

As to bin design, Steve Castel ([email protected]) tested various sizes and drops between bins and came up with his current design before going to production... This is a very effecient and cost effective design @ 4 bins for $125 delivered in the US...$135 to Hawaii...

Aloha! Mike T

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast