Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shade Cover

Sansai
    I really like the sails too Tom. They look good. I bet they have them in a nice blue too.

Tategoi
    Here's our backyard pond... White shade cloth has since been changed to Black for a neutral lighting effect per Arthur's suggestion...

Bakki Shower behind black Matala mat is used to cool water... Although air temps were in the 90s this past summer, water was always in the 74-78 degrees. Pond depth is only 3'-6"...

Aloha! Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shade Cover-dcp_1120-25.jpg  

You are welcome Tom, the only reason I decide on this color is because of the green one makes the water look green, you can actually feel the diference in temperature under the sail and out in the sun, they(the manufacture) claims blocking of 99% UV ray, and they have 10 year warranty, if you have a way of installing 2 that is the way to go. Coolaroo Shade is the most popular brand for shade sail.

jesus

I'm thinking of doing a few of them, something like this.

Sansai
    Nice look Tom. Mike, I don't think that I have ever seen a photo of your pond. Cool look to the garden. Come to think of it you haven't seen a photo of my pond with fish in it - - - that's because there are no fish in it yet

Rain both days this weekend, not much pond work going on around here.

Would love to incorporate a green house cover of some type into the finished walls. Am considering placing metal pipe into the top copping to accept poles that I can use to cover the pond in the winter. I'm more concerned about too much cold not too much hot in Wisconsin. I thought of taking a couple of the patio umbrellas and putting them in the post supports for the green house in the hottest part of the year to keep some of the sun off of the water. I guess that I could use the posts to support a sail or two though.

Rick

Rick

Sorry posted the same thing two times. I hope I didn't get band for removing this.
    Last edited by Tom C; 09-24-2005 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Posted the same thing twice

Rick, I'm going to have to get a picture of a local persons pond. They have the best cover I have ever seen on a pond. The nice thing is the sides come down on it for the winter. The problem is it cost them about $3,000.

My wife wants me to build a matching cover of our patio cover. First I don't have the time to build it right now, and I'm guessing it will not be cheap the way lumber is right now. So it looks like it might be sails for me for now.

Here's a picture of the pond before we added the liner and water.

Sorry I was just joking. That's not my pond, here's two pictures of my pond. I think a few of those shade sails would look nice over it.

Tom

Keep it simple, keep it straight Koi-Bito.com

Tategoi

Thumbs up Clay and Tom

Clay:

Good idea about the pipes in the tile, think about PVC pipes grouted on with concrete that way you won't have any corrosion problems... If you really want to be cool, drill 3/4" holes from the outside of pond to bottom of PVC pipe to let any standing water out...

Tom: I think the sail idea is more practical and probably less expensive for your pond... Probably only need 4-5 poles...

Aloha! Mike T

Daihonmei
    TOM C!
    Now I know who you are...you are THAT pond...from Koivet ....

I may forget your face. I WILL forget your name...i won't forget a guy's pond....

Yes, that was me on Koi Vet with the thread on my pond. I think I still hold the record of the most hits on a thread on Koi vet. I think it was over 50,000 hits on that one thread.

Tom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast