Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: End of Summer BIG Sales!! 2 Days Only

Quote Originally Posted by dinh
    This should be posted in K-B "Dealer Forum" instead.
    Yeah maybe of Tom asked for permission first. I think tomorrow Brian will let all those know who want to advertise on this site his feelings.....

Having dealers post on the dealer forum that don't pay to advertise on this board will be like another board that does it. It's turned into a spot for free loaders. Dealers selling stuff cheap without paying to advertise. The best way for any dealer to advertise on this or any other board is to support the board buy advertising on it in a banner add. Sure they are not cheap, but it's the right way if you ask me.

I say it would be nice if every time we get a new sponcer on this board, Brain adds them to the dealer page. This will let everyone know who made it possible for us to post here.

Tom

Keep it simple, keep it straight Koi-Bito.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom C
    Having dealers post on the dealer forum that don't pay to advertise on this board will be like another board that does it. It's turned into a spot for free loaders. Dealers selling stuff cheap without paying to advertise. The best way for any dealer to advertise on this or any other board is to support the board buy advertising on it in a banner add. Sure they are not cheap, but it's the right way if you ask me.

I say it would be nice if every time we get a new sponcer on this board, Brain adds them to the dealer page. This will let everyone know who made it possible for us to post here.

Tom
    What about other boards sponsuring their board here?

If it was me Tony I would delete every post that has a link to those other sites. I think if they want to advertise they should also do it the right way. Like Mike said, another chicken shit way to get something for free.

Tom

Tom
    Agree with you. In my early post, I really meant dealers should post in the "dealer forum" with permission (pay fee first etc..) from K-B site administrator/owner.

If it was me Tony I would delete every post that has a link to those other sites. I think if they want to advertise they should also do it the right way. Like Mike said, another chicken shit way to get something for free.

Tom
    Cool, cool....I respect everyone's opinion....I just wanted to get another scenerio in the mix....

This site does have a free place for any dealer that wants to let people know his or her websites link. This is in your profile, if you don't want to pay on this site use that. All the rest of the advertising should be done on banner adds no matter if it's a dealer or other website. You will see me talk about some great businesses like enkoi, genki koi, mystic koi, but most of them pay on this site to advertise. I have talked about champ koi a few times. Tom's one hell of a guy. But I do think if we are going to plug a business they should help pay to keep Koi-Bito going.

Here's what happens if you let people add links to sites. You get those people that think they can get away with acting like they are someone that did business with on a site and had good dealing with them. A lot of the time it's that dealer asking people to post about his or her business. Years ago on KV you had one dealer posting that he was someone else and telling people go to his site. Over time it came out it was that dealer pushing his site for free. I say keep it simple, keep it straight pay for your banner adds on Koi-Bito.com.

Tom

Tategoi

Thumbs up Toni, Tom C and Brian

Toni:

Your Quote: "I think tomorrow Brian will let all those know who want to advertise on this site his feelings....."
    Brian already did this, go back to the original post of this tread and you'll see how he feels...

Tom: Your Quote: "If it was me Tony I would delete every post that has a link to those other sites."

I thought it was just me being paranoid every time I saw a post from der leader and the lemmings... They never say what they want to say but always refer you to their site... A cheap way to get more people to sign onto their board to increase their numbers… How transparent can one be...

Next thing you know they'll be asking the question "Who's the koi guy of the century, expecting everyone to vote for der leader…

Brian: you must be a saint for putting up with all this Chicken manure...

Aloha! Mike

Folks,

Nothing personal here, but I simply CAN NOT allow any further dilution of the value of advertising on my site. I've made enough warnings, that so far have gone unheeded. It's now time that I put a little teeth into these warnings and take action.

Again, nothing personal against anyway, but this is a business. Those of you wishing to further your own businesses can contact me directly concerning the right and wrong way to promote your business through Koi-Bito.
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Sansai
    Are you guys capable of participating in a single conversation without it degrading to bashing "that other site"? Seriously, if you hate it so much, don't read his posts and move on with your life. This little obsession of yours is unhealty. There's too much positive going on in this hobby for you to destroy thread after thread by dragging internet drama into it. Focus on the positives, not the negatives.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast