Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Bakki Shower talk

More Bakki Shower talk

Can we talk about bakki showers more? Since so many people are reading on this board can we talk about what a bakki show does and doesn't do for pond?

I'm also thinking about adding one to my pond. The big thing for me is the looks of them. I can spend thousands and get a few real nice SS units. Or I can build one. If I build one, it would be installed behind my filter house. I have a area that's about 3' wide and 10' long to build one. I would have to have it dump into a tray that would be gravity fed back to the pond through a 2" TPR pipe. Many two of the TPR pipes. The bakki shower could only be about 4' tall or I might here about it from the people right behind me. Anyone have any suggests on how you would build one in that area? I will get a few pictures of the area if that will help.

Tom

Keep it simple, keep it straight Koi-Bito.com

You will need more than a two inch gravity return pipe for the torrent tower that is a Bakki Shower.

Daihonmei
    And Puhleeze, can we call them porous media showers (PMS)

shiromujigirl do you think I could get away with two 2" pipes?

Tom: I use 2 4" returns... Carl at Keirin prefers it that way so no risk of a problem. One of our Hawaiian posters (MikeT, I think??) recommended a single 4" return to prevent gurgling noises, but not an issue for me thus far.

when i had mine built i designed the bottom tray to feed back direct to the pond in the middle of the tray. It's kinda fun cause all you see as a visitor is this 2/3rd scale three tray unit and it looks like it's keeping the inside pond crystal.

behind the wall are my 3 tony prew vortexes packed with j-mat and each with a 40 highblow that makes it all boil.

As in a lot of things it's what you don't see ( or know to ask about) that makes a difference! LOl. You'll be shocked at the flow out so i hope you'll go with the 4 inchers. I think you'll be pleased with it's addition.

OK, lets do this. Here's a few pictures of the pond. How would you build a bakki shower for it? I have no waterfall or other large pipes that were built into the pond. What ever I do it would have to return through the TPR's or something over the cap of the pond.

I do have a little room behind the filter house to build it, or I can put it out in the open.

Tom

Dick do you have a picture of yours?

Tom

Oyagoi
    If it was me, look at pic #1 you put up, see the short fat palm to the right of the pond, to it's right is a fern bush, behind that against the fence is where I would put the bakki, run two 4" returns hidden by the green groundcover there, then lip them over the edge of the pond.

If the noise is too much or they are still too visible for you, then you need a guy's design I saw on koichat who had a tiny greenhouse over his showers.

Anything right next to the pond will ruin the way that whole pond looks imho.

The only other acceptable option I could see would be to build a tall rock waterfall to the rear of the pond, and hide the showers either inside it or behind it.

Oyagoi
    also, nix the 2" idea, you would need about 8 to 10 of them to match a two 4" capacity. Unless of course you are planning to have way less than 3000-4000gph flow.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast