Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The new "Outside" Category...

The Great Debate

Lets put all this energy into a great debate. Call it the Friendship Tournament. We have a group of educated people here that want to get it on so lets have a civil organized rumble in the form of a debate. Some conditions;
    Only two teams can enter
    All debaters must be a member of at least one of two forums
    Will last as long as judges feel confident they can declare a winner
    Teams will make a conscientious effort to plead their case without deviating
    Losers will buy the victors one year subscription to KB

Daihonmei
    SWEET I'M IN ...I Choose VAL as my PARTNER

I think all debates should be in person instead of posting, that's when you see who can talk the talk in person. Then settle anything right there...

Met alot of people who can only talk on the board but dont know shiyt in person, kinda stupid if you ask me..damn I am sounding like Mike T...

Anyways, you can always take it to the "Outside"...

I'll second that Antonio, it's awful easy to sit behind a keyboard and google answers to make yourself appear to smarter than your opponent in those stupid debates. Face to face, there's no internet to make you smarter than you think you are and the truth comes out. Hell if I don't know jack shyt about something, I'll be the first to admit it. I guess some people are just trying to over come things like short mans syndrome, or the like.
    This was a calm koi forum for a long time, and like Dick B said it will end up forcing the good people away from here to a calmer place.

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori
    I think all debates should be in person instead of posting, that's when you see who can talk the talk in person. Then settle anything right there...

Met alot of people who can only talk on the board but dont know shiyt in person, kinda stupid if you ask me..damn I am sounding like Mike T...

Anyways, you can always take it to the "Outside"...
    “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed” Adolf Hitler

Chris~

I like those debates that dont cost, or better yet dissicussions,debates or arguments as long as they stay in line and dont get out of hand.

You mean this whole time I could have been googling answers? MAN, now I feel cheated

Actually, if you want a GOOD debate, it should be on paper, so what if someone needs to go and research their answers and do a little fact finding. The facts ARE the facts.

You dont want the debate to be one sided and easy do you Its like playing chess agains the computer when its set to "Beginner"... Set it to Hard, you might learn something...

The debate idea, not so hot but I have to admit reading a little "Forum Rage" once in a while stirs my pot. I blame this need for confrontation on my impressionable years after all look what I was influenced by.
    Cantankerous Mr. Wilson in Dennis the Menace being irritated by a rambunctious child all day.
    The Road Runner pounding the Coyote into the ground compounded by the constent failure and frustration of using ACME products the never worked.
    The Three Stooges comedy act, my foot, Moe slapped, drilled and hammered Curley and Larry to the point they were senseless.
    So call me a sentimental fool, that is just the way it worked out.

I think the new "outside area" is good, hopefully it will keep all the personal bashing and raging Testosterone out of the main forum.. And if I get bored I can always go into the outside area, for a few laughs..

Daihonmei
    YEAH IN PERSON DEBATES......
    Like at a freakin koishow...which is something I tried to get the old AFKAPS committee to entertain (that made some enemies, shaking the koi show tree).....

First debate topic....
    "Let the FIR Fly" will be the title
    Any nominations for the Combatants?
    (Sorry it is noon-ish and Jerry Springer is on the TV in the background)

The only think I know about FIR, is how to brush it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast