Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The new "Outside" Category...

The new "Outside" Category...

The new "Outside" Category. Pretty cool, I like it....keep the junk off the main board and try to settle disputes there....

Oyagoi
    Yeah yeah aquitori, u r just glad u finally have place online to take a smokebreak...

This board used to be known as the place to discuss koi in a polite fashion and there was virtually none of the slanderous stuff. There was no need to micro-manage the situation because as new members gradually came on board, they just adopted the existing ''tone'' of the place. I guess that when the population of a community grows, the probability of attracting a few less-than-tactful individuals increases. Then, once the mud slinging begins, you loose that polite tone and others get the impression that slander is acceptable behavior. This evolution (tactfulness to slanderous) may be a one-way street and it will be interesting to see if the process is reversible.

Don't get me wrong. I do not mind a bit of BB confrontation if it is creative and well-written. It can be as entertaining as a creative and well-written TV show. However, the mud-slinging we have seen here has been monotonous, predictable and boring.

-steve hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by bekko
    Don't get me wrong. I do not mind a bit of BB confrontation if it is creative and well-written. It can be as entertaining as a creative and well-written TV show. However, the mud-slinging we have seen here has been monotonous, predictable and boring.
    -steve hopkins
    Well said, Steve; hopefully it will be taken to heart. Don

Well that is a category where egos can go and be settled...Anyways, great category by Brian....

Its a shame really, and it does not look good for newcomers to the board to see all that bickering amoung members of the board, if it were me I would find another more peaceful board.

Its kind of like when me and my sister were very young and my Dad set up orange crates in the middle of the living room so we could fight out our problems and we were just kids and realized then just what word slinging and fighting got us and that was no where. Things were said that hurt and we could not take them back, scares were left that we could not remove, and we were in the 10 yrs to 12 years of life and these guys are grown and for some reason cant realize life is to short and you can forgive but you cant forget. Its only shows how mature they are in that area of life. Word slinging needs to be left to the movie stars who dont really mean what they say, as my dad always said watch what you say and you cant take it back once you have said it, bite your tounge and think about what you say before you say it. That way it wont come back to haunt you. You would think if 10 and 12 year olds could graps this, adults could, makes me wonder what they tell their children.

KFG, your right to a certain point, but there needs to be another sub Category to keep threads on track....the debates will happen and get out of hand...so that is the best place to settle it.

Quote Originally Posted by koifishgirl
    Its a shame really, and it does not look good for newcomers to the board to see all that bickering amoung members of the board, if it were me I would find another more peaceful board.

Its kind of like when me and my sister were very young and my Dad set up orange crates in the middle of the living room so we could fight out our problems and we were just kids and realized then just what word slinging and fighting got us and that was no where. Things were said that hurt and we could not take them back, scares were left that we could not remove, and we were in the 10 yrs to 12 years of life and these guys are grown and for some reason cant realize life is to short and you can forgive but you cant forget. Its only shows how mature they are in that area of life. Word slinging needs to be left to the movie stars who dont really mean what they say, as my dad always said watch what you say and you cant take it back once you have said it, bite your tounge and think about what you say before you say it. That way it wont come back to haunt you. You would think if 10 and 12 year olds could graps this, adults could, makes me wonder what they tell their children.

I agree with you that the threads need to stay in line. Makes things better for all of us.

Just wondering how many people, when they get bubbling mad walk away and wright it down on a piece of paper and then go back and read what they wrote and see how much they would have hurt the other person if they had said what they wanted? I have and it works, looking at what I wrote days later, I was glad I did not say what I wanted. Sometime people can get on your last nerve and you just want to tell them off, wouln't you say to just walk away and leave it along till you have had time to cool off.

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by koifishgirl
    as my dad always said watch what you say and you cant take it back once you have said it, bite your tounge and think about what you say before you say it. That way it wont come back to haunt you.
    Your dad is a wise man. Those are good words to live by. Unfortunately, some people cannot see through their anger or sometimes their passion on a particular subject. In those instances, if they cannot see fit to take it to a private conversation, then possibly this would be another alternative short of removing the offenders from the board altogether.

Tim, I dont think they should be removed from the board, I just think they nead a wake up call, If this was me, that was in the Take it " Outside " Category it would embarrass me. That in itself would make me shut up, and let me know that no one wants to hear it. If I were Brian I would just delete the thread and maybe they would get the idea and leave it alone.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast