Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power Back Ups = Peace of Mind

Tategoi
    Koiloco:

Thanks for the tip...never thought about that...Did you get this from the directions? As they always say, when all else fails, read the directions... Are you using deep cycle batteries?

Aloha! Mike

MikeT,

Its possible that thing is putting out 50 hz (Asian standard) instead of 60 hz (N.Amer. standard). That could account for the difference in pitch.

We nearly flooded this time last week so I was glad we didn't get the rain they predicted for today.

-steve

Tategoi
    Steve:

It's rated at 120v 60 hz... Tested two separate units and happened both times...Guy is supposed to check with the manufacture to find out why this is happening... Hate to burn the pumps out if there's a problem...

Good luck with the rains...rained like heck just 30 minutes ago, luckily I just cut a new overflow channel yesterday in preparation for the rain... Hope you guys come through this ok...

Aloha! Mike

Thumbs up

Hi Mike,

Yes, I use 2 deep cycle batteries. Only my air pumps are on it though, not the pump.

And yes, it was the direction and the guy from the store I bought it from who told me to do that.

Tategoi
    There are diggerent levels of inverters. Some put out an actual sine wave like the waveform of the power in your home.

The next down will create a waveform close to the sinewave, but not quite. They use a little more battery power while in use, but are fine for motors and pumps. Most, in our hobby use this type.

The next down use a square wave that shouldn't be selected when buying one for rotating machinery.

The second and third types will produce lots of harmonics that can make the high frequency noise you hear. That noise simply gets stronger when you with a larger load.

Tategoi
    Rod :

Thanks for the information... have saved to my files for future reference... Am assuming (a bad thing to do) that the model 612 and 750 inverters are the right ones for our application, as I forwarded my requirements to the manufacturer and they recommended the 612 inverter which was later upgraded to the 750 when I purchased the second one...

Again thanks, finally getting back to Brian's intent for this board...

Aloha! Mike T

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12