Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Back Ups = Peace of Mind

Tategoi

Thumbs up Power Back Ups = Peace of Mind

Well we had our first power failure of the year, night before last…funny how power outages always occur at night… Almost like giving birth, both our sons were born after 10pm…

Anyway, power was only out for ½ hour but it was a great test of our power back up system… While the house was in total darkness, with us stumbling over furniture looking for the only flashlight that worked, our koi didn’t realize anything was amiss because the inverter kicked in and the pumps and filters didn’t miss a beat… When the power was restored, the inverter automatically went back to the "power on mode" and recharged the batteries…

Have to say that it creates great peace of mind to know that I don’t have to worry about the koi during a power outage, now if I could only say that about my Ice Cream supply…. There’s a storm brewing in our area, which is supposed to be around for the next two days… All I can say is "Bring it ON!" Of course I may have to eat a lot of ice cream…

Aloha! Mike

Very cool Mike!

Is that the same one Guy put together? I have one as well.. So far never needed to use it.. Its Peace of mind no Doubt..

Mahalo

Joe

Tategoi
    Joe:

It's one and the same from Guy... Only thing, for some reason we found that any motor, like a pump motor, which draws 3 amps or so, runs with a louder pitch while air pumps run at the normal pitch (sound)...

I thought it might be that the inverter was putting out too much voltage, however, was not the case, out put was normal 118-120v...

Aloha! Mike

Huh, I never hooked it up to a Pump Motor.. only air pump so it lasts much longer. Longer is better buys me time...
    thanks for the tip!
    Joe

Tategoi
    Joe:

With an air pump you're home free... I don't have air pumps so opted for extra batteries to run entire system instead of buying an air pump... Cost of Batteries was a little less for 8 hrs...after that I'm at Hm D to buy a generator...

Just talked to Guy and he's at Halawa Hts at a cutomers house trying to keep the koi alive during a power outage there... I guess he's going to sell another back up system before that's over...

Aloha! Mike

Bummer Mike.. How is Horimoto San? Wanna make sure he aiight too. Shir not home so Sensei is all alone..

Joe

Smile

There’s a storm brewing in our area, which is supposed to be around for the next two days… All I can say is "Bring it ON!" Of course I may have to eat a lot of ice cream…

Aloha! Mike[/QUOTE]
    Wow Mike, you sound like Lt. Dan high up the mast on that shrimp boat.

Tategoi
    Joe:

Just got off the phone with Shir (Cell) and Ken at home... All is well no power outage in their area... They thank you for your concern...

KK: (Thank God you're not Kenneth KingKong) was Lt. Dan the guy with the green boat that ended up in someone's parking lot?
    Aloha! Mike

Anyways, like I was sayin, shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbque it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it, kabobs, creole, PINEAPPLE, lemon, COCONUT, pepper, make soup, stew and salad. Thats about it Jenny.

Cool

Joe and Mike,

just a reminder.

Don't forget to cycle your battery sometimes by turning of the power and let the battery run down and let them recharge.

If you don't do this, they won't hold their charges too well.

I do this about once a month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast