Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Hikkui, once a fish is infected will it ever go away?

Hikkui, once a fish is infected will it ever go away?

I heard you could treat this with Billion, but will the beni come back to the way it was...

Yep, I had a sanke with hikkui and treated it with billon liquid and the beni looked good as new. I think it might come down to how long you let the hikkui go before treating it.

Tom

Billion really works?!? I didn't think anyone knew what caused Hikkui, let alone how to cure it.

-Dan

I have two Matsunosuke Sanke with Hikui. Put them in the mud pond and two weeks it's all gone.

Back in the concrete pond and after 8 weeks it's back
    I also saw a reduction when kept in a green pond.

Tosai

billion liquid

i have been trying to get some billion liquid to keep in my medi chest for a while now, it seems all the dealers i ask cannot get it in the uk even when they advertise the stuff in their brochures.
    gave in ,in the end and got a very small bottle of "izeki C ointment for hikkui"
    has anyone used this ,also what is the best way to apply it ,i suppose it is dry the area and dab some on ,but do you need to put a anti bacterial dressing over the top.?

Back in the concrete pond and after 8 weeks it's back
    I also saw a reduction when kept in a green pond.

It seems that the origin of hikui is not really known, it could be brought by a virus, a liver failure or other metabolism problems.
    The fact that puting the koļ in a mud pound has a good effect on the hikui is intersting because it could sugest that the better water quality of a mud pound (vitamins, oligoelements, monmorillonite..) help the metabolism problems.

Some treat the hikui by scaping the patches and cover them with a vitamin preparation or with propolis.
    Marco

Tategoi
    Toni:

Michael Van Neste posted a thread on the NI board about a month ago explaining how he used table salt to cure Hikui...It's proably on the 2nd or 3rd page by now...

Other posted that they used Billion, Steve C for one, but that it came back...

Aloha! Mike CS T

We had Hikui on a Ogawa Sanke of ours. 2 years ago Sakuma was out here visting in California. We invited him to come see our pond and fish. We were shoing him this beautiful Sanke and told him how sad we were that she got Hikui. He netted the fish out and asked us for eugenal, papertowels, scapel, iodine, and blow dryer. He then knocked out the fish, took the scapel and cut the hikui off, took a papertowel and rubbed and rubbed and rubbed, the paper towel was almost completly red from the hikui, I thought by the time he got done there would be no Hi left on our fish. after that he blowdryed the area and applied Iodine to it. It has been 2 years and so far it has not returned