Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quality Koi Harvest

O.K., Dick & Henry, make sure you pack the cameras, warm clothes that can get wet, and the waterproof watch. We need our domestic koi harvest reporters properly equipped for their adventures in the wilds of New Jersey.

I checked the 5 day weather forcast for Penns grove and it says lows in mid 30's and highs in upper 50's and slowly improving each day to highs in lower 60's sunny and no rain. so it should be quite nice. I'll let henry do the photo bug thing.
    I'll just save my efforts for selecting mike a nice koi with potential. JR is suppose to be there Sunday so will be fun to visit with him as well as Henry.....I know sharon found a handful of koi on her japan trip but haven't heard any details.
    Probably spend the day traveling to quality koi listening to her japan travels which will help pass the time nicely.....looking forward to visiting with Mat, Jenn,
    Ross and hannah

Dick...have a great time and enjoy yourself. Yes, life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow
    looking forward to visiting with Mat, Jenn,
    Ross and hannah
    Don't forget Cadbury. Nothing gets havested without Cadbury. Below is a shot of her harvest last year.

I hate to dissappoint you, but Mat has seen the light and now just raises plants for watergardens. A shot below of him harvesting some very nice cattails. He did have problems with some red, black and white fish eating the plants so he had to seine the ponds to get them out. He then had the nerve to try to sell them! I felt sorry for him since he lost a good bit of his crops to them, so I bought the one he is holding below. It somehow made its way back into one of his crop fields this summer, so he will have to pull her out again this weekend. Mat told me I owe him a good bit of money because she ate quite a bit and got a lot bigger.
    Henry

Orlando, FL

I think its really cool that you all have a few events like this on the eat coast.. I'd really like to buy a few acres and do this as well...

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by keokoi
    I think its really cool that you all have a few events like this on the eat coast.. I'd really like to buy a few acres and do this as well...

Joe
    I dont know about the breeding part, but I would like to experiment with high quality tosai and grow them out here to see how they turnout. Missou has some land dirt cheap...

hENRY,

IN THE GREAT TRADITIONS OF STORY TELLERS, YOUR EXPLAINATION OF MAT'S AGRICULTURAL TENDENCIES IS IMAGINATIVE AND QUITE TENGU.....

I HOPE TO USE YOUR TALENT IN OUR REPORT TO MIKE AFTER OUR TRIP!
    REGARDS

THE BOY WHO LIKES THE BLUES

OK, I'll be a little serious. Mat has made some incredible progress towards JR's dollar. The "awsome" tosai I saw up there last year appear to have developed nicely. Below is a shot of a Kohaku one of my club members bought. Mat says he has several more that are much higher quality than this one. The pictures I have seen of his tosai this year look like he has made even more progress (one is on hold for me to see when I get there). I can't wait to see the sansai come out.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryC
    OK, I'll be a little serious. Mat has made some incredible progress towards JR's dollar. The "awsome" tosai I saw up there last year appear to have developed nicely. Below is a shot of a Kohaku one of my club members bought. Mat says he has several more that are much higher quality than this one. The pictures I have seen of his tosai this year look like he has made even more progress (one is on hold for me to see when I get there). I can't wait to see the sansai come out.
    Pretty nice kohak. How big is it?

that is a nice koi and i have been watching Mat's progress as well with what's been harvested and agree he gets closer every year to thetarget!
    howeverit is a moving one!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast