Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Charlotte koi show.

Charlotte koi show.

Who all here will be going to the Charlotte Koi Show?

Sansai
    We (or I) are going, showing also. Its a fun venue, nice hotel. NC is luckly to have a decent number of serious koi kichi, good competition at this show. I'm only bringing <2yr old fish (its pretty much all I have), looks like every one may fall in the same class though (size 4).

GOOD FOR YOU RYAN...for supporting the effort. You do have some fantastic koi kichi's in the area! Please see that we can all enjoy the show by talking someone into coverage for us!

Sansai
    I will see if I can take some pictures and post them. There is Wifi at the hotel for a small fee. Hotel is cool, large open area with pools/ponds (no fish) that rooms look down on. Timming of the show is great for transporting and showing fish, but difficult time for importers to get fish in for. Anyone else going? A 31" (I think) Kohaku won last year, crowd favorates were a large chagoi that keep her head out of water more than it in, and a HUGE Kigoi.

Cool Ryan... Ill see you there, maybe. Will anyone else?

If you go post pics....Always, remember to have fun and learn...Ryan S. are you showing some of those Momotaro Koi you got for the growout contest?

Sansai
    Maybe, neither is really ready, nor should they be, orange hi with that growth. I will we see how much they color up now that they are on restricted diets. I will probably bring one just for the heck of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan S.
    Maybe, neither is really ready, nor should they be, orange hi with that growth. I will we see how much they color up now that they are on restricted diets. I will probably bring one just for the heck of it.
    My grow-out is in the same boat. Orange hi but really good growth. I wish I hadn't brought mine to Koi America as it interrupted the growing cycle. I still got 17" for total length out of it for the halfway mark but in I feel like it may have done better if I had just left it at home. Live and learn
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan S.
    What you guys need to do with the fish as I told woodyaht to do is to bring down the diet for winter...With any matsunosuke bloodline fish the growth will come first then the quality will come later...

Sansai
    Agree Jim, that is one of the reasons I like the Charlotte show timing it does not cut into growing season and you have a little time to condition the fish some. The bad thing is that cooler water is darkening up a nice Goshiki and a homebreed Haijaro I was planning on showing.

Are you comming to Charlotte?