Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakki Shower/Bacteria House vs Conventional Submerged Filtration System.

Oyagoi
    where is hakipu bekko?

Nisai

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by junglegeorge12
    You mean radioactive cobalt papabear?

Butterfly, your coments about IR and FIR not afffecting water in ponds is funny. I guess the sun is pointless then.

George, I know you are fascinated with Physics etc. Take one or two courses in Physics: Optics, Thermodynamics, Particle Physics etc. etc. I am sure infrared, near infrared all will be clarified. I think there is a university: University of Puerto Rico in your area.

I am not in a position to clarify: "Sun vs. Momotaro radiating ceramic beads" in clearing pond water. I think Physics department/ UPR will be able to do that a lot better.

Oyagoi
    already went to University dear, George Mason University. Electrical and computer engineering. Studied all of that and much more. In fact, one of my teachers is who got my family into those ceramic sensor research projects. He was a retired NASA rocket engineer. Maybe you should go there, so they can clarify it to you.

Nisai

Cool

George:

Seriously, it is possible that your BH media is lot better than lava raocks, for example, it could be much more porous than other rocks providing much larger surface area (per lb of weight) for bacteria to grow to form that some scientists call "biofilm". I have seen lot more porous synthetic ceramic beads than for example silica (or common sand). So, it is possible that 10 lbs of BH could harbor 10 or 100 times more surface area and bacteria than 10 lbs of lava rocks. Then you may see lot better result with BH media than lava rocks. But you need to drop IR/FIR theory. If you continue on that line, first tell me what wavelengths (or wave numbers) you consider IR and FIR. Second, the analysis you did for DOD, what wavelength IR/FIR you detected coming out of BH? How does it compare with sun-baked lava rocks?

Nisai

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by junglegeorge12
    already went to University dear, George Mason University. Electrical and computer engineering. Studied all of that and much more. In fact, one of my teachers is who got my family into those ceramic sensor research projects. He was a retired NASA rocket engineer. Maybe you should go there, so they can clarify it to you.
    Perhaps you have learned a lot of engineering at GMU but I do not see much physics-chemistry-biology in your background. That might just be the problem!! Too much engineering.

I applied to the MIT Aeronautics Rocket Science program. They said I didn't have the intellectual allure for solving really hard problems, what ever, so I became a Gardener instead. My first practical application of FIR was an underware device that my wife says has been emitting a high-frequency chirp. She likes it because she can measure the echos and tell how close I am getting giving her ample time to haul butt.

Oyagoi
    Kong- that may well be the reason butterfly does not get it. Noone studies light, energy, and it's effects on the environment and water more than EEs.

Just read the link carefully and you will find the bandwidths, the biological facts stated very clearly, and your other question about the DOD work, is way too long to post on here. Did you have a particular concern? We verified that the ceramics and sensors performed as claimed in the application it was intended for use in.

Ask steve about sensors, since you obviously do not want to believe me. Ask him if he thinks the White House might have a few sensors around. Ask him if he thinks they would use junk that does not really work, cuz Emory apparently says so. I better warn all the controls companies and security equipment manufacturers, none of their stuff works!!! Oh no! Glad Emory discovered that. I will ask Bush to commend them for their great work soon.

You know what is really sad? Val has real potential but he is being ruined by those around him. He is smart. He needs a new environment to develop into his potential though. Let's see if anyone upstairs is listening val. I am an expert on it, I just know it won't matter what I say at this point. How about I send an email to the DOD or some other friends to help you out val? Would you mind relocating if a good opppurtuinity came along? Or are you rooted down there?

Every question you just asked is answered in my previous posts butterfly. Just read them more carefully. The 'porosity is all that matters' idea is funny. la-la-la-la

Hey Kong, now you know that is all in your crazy head, your emissions cannot affect the environment or air quality. You must be mentally whacko to think that! FIRts CANNOT DO THAT!!! Ask any of our resident 'scientists'! For God's sake where have you been??? Have they been teaching us in vain? Don't you know those emissions are not real, and even if they are they cannot affect anything. So your wife is running from nothing. Tell her to quit denying good science by running from the FIRt emissions! Maybe she needs to go to UPR so she can learn about it and get it all clear in her head, ok? You know, the sun is the largest producer of gas and heat (therefore the only source of anything right?? at least in new age philosophy, not science), so you know that cannot be real right? Don't let a strong engineering background fool you into thinking FIRts are real ok? You must have some flower power to balance engineering with.

Especially, you could never affect water quality. Hmm, then why does the wife jump out of the tub every time she sees or hears bubbles??? And why do all the koi swim away when your emissions occur??? (note tewa's experiment) Stop trying to trick us all into believing you kong, and trying to confuse us. You are so terrible, just terrible. You FIRt machine you. I cannot believe you would try to use such a lame FIRty method to sell your product. Why not tell the truth that your pore opening is larger than normal and that is what causes the larger colonies of bacteria to grow and that smell? Stop saying the FIRts enhance bacteria strains and growth until we know more ok? Even though the sun affects water molecule clusters, we know FIRts can't ok? Even though water molecule clusters and global warming are linked inseperably. We know the two are unlinked in ponds because we umm, we umm, we smell good and want diplomas real bad. OK?

We all know that even though the sun makes things grow, that FIRts cannot affect anything in the real world ok? So stop peddling your snake FIRt oil ok? We know lava rock does the same thing as your FIRts, so stop trying to trick us. We are too smart for you, ok?

Sansai
    Just to digress from this intended thread, how many of you actually know or want to know how your media works at the molecular level?

I have been in this hobby long enough to know that even with the same filter design at the recommended size the same water quality may not be obtained for numerous reasons. Taking BH and FIR for example, what difference does it make whether it is or is not FIR that is the effect? If BH works with or without FIR it makes no difference to common hobbyists like me. I am sure most of us out there are "common" hobbyists. Put it the other way, if BH doesn't work huge amounts of FIR again is immaterial. It only matters to those who are doing a study on ceramics, and those who want to improve on the material and hence want to know what caused its' effect on water quality. And the few who just want to know.

I have tried so many materials as you can see with the materials I still am using. Those that was not effective or a hassle to use have been discarded. Those included my sand filter and bioballs. Some using sand filters swear by it. No matter what they say it just did not work in my pond. Similarly I started off with a filter design 30% of pond surface area with Izeki nets, mid-water source, bottom drain flushing twice a day, daily siphoning and 10% water change. I was almost given a written guarantee by the vendor as it worked great for many of my senior koi hobbyist friends. Theoretically at the molecular level it should work. It just never did for me. Hence I never take what is reported anywhere to be definitive proof that anything works the way it does in this hobby. BH included. This is one of the reasons why I am doing this experiment. I have gained enough personal experience to be more adaptive rather than adoptive. Again FIR or no FIR people like me would still need to try it to be convinced that it works. Not that I would want to teach anyone to do business, if I am selling this product I will concentrate on how good it is and mention on the sideline that perhaps the good effect on water quality is contributed by FIR which need to be further studied being a relatively new filter medium.

Again I have digressed..sorry to my thread.

Back to the present. I have stopped adding new water yesterday. Will see what the nitrates will be over the next few days. Meanwhile kois are doing great and other objective parameters are status quo.

Have a good day. Dtbh.

Jumbo
    for sale: one bridge in Brooklyn, hardly used and in good condition-----

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by James P
    for sale: one bridge in Brooklyn, hardly used and in good condition-----
    Let me try it first and proven to be good may buy it. Oops too big for my pond

Reminds me of a joke. With the advance in neurosurgery brain transplant is now a reality. There was this guy who was not satisfied with his brain and was shopping for a new one. He came across 3 brains on the display shelves each with very different prices. Out of curiousity he asked the salesman why the great disparity in prices.

"Glad that you asked," replied the salesman. "Brain A (US$100,000) used to belong to an intellectual whose work had earned him a Nobel prize. Brain B (US50,000) used to belong to a scientist whose worked was just mediocre."

"But this brain here (C) looks so new and so much better than the rest. And it only cost US$100?" asked the guy.

"Well, because it was hardly used...."

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast