Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakki Shower/Bacteria House vs Conventional Submerged Filtration System.

Nisai

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by junglegeorge12
    I am sorry you are suffering so much butterfly.

there is no medical cure for nasty rotten people butterfly, except for death, that usually chills them out.....when you post you decide if you want to be nasty or nice, if you know God, He can help you figure it out...if you don't, I feel sorry for you...

maybe you have heard the scripture 'the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is...." you decide, be a gift or a source of death and misery for others and yourself--does causing me or others misery make you feel superior and good? Is your version of victory for you to get what you want and others to suffer? JR and val certainly seem to get off on it.

Did it make you feel happy when you posted that little biting comment? If so, I feel sorry for you. The phrase 'destitute of all real virtue' comes to mind. Did your heart feel really full when you did it? maybe you and Jr and val should start a fight club, since you seem to like trying to instigate them so much. You can belittle and castigate each other for hours on end, oh what fun!

also, interesting that JR has like 10 posts with huge fonts, I finally post 1 in response, and you suggest I need meds??? Why not a similar friendly comment for him as well? Could it be the devil in you likes the devil in him? So we have a jersey devil and a texas longhorn. What a pair. You are truly a lovely person butterfly, what a gem!!! I think your perception of who needs the meds may be a litle off.......

meds won't stop you from being evil butterfly, only love can do that

Relax, I was only joking!!

Somerset, England. (land of the country bumpkin)
    Can someone point me to where JR posted his koi CV?

I seem to have lost it.

Maurice.

Jumbo
    Hi Maurce, what's a koi cv? JR

i think these may have been the pictures JR was looking for. they were on my hard disk.

Carl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bakki Shower/Bacteria House vs Conventional Submerged Filtration System.-tt-jr.jpg   Bakki Shower/Bacteria House vs Conventional Submerged Filtration System.-plasticmedia.jpg  

Jumbo
    Hey, way to go!! At least you HAVE a hard drive! If you don't have a back up external drive, get one! It would have saved me the 2 K it is taking to get back my pics and word perfect notes from a data retreivel company. Dell, by the way put in some crumby hard Drives in its computers from 2000- 2002. If you have one, expect it to crash at some point. They replace it without question but the lost stuff is not so easy to get back.

So you can see from this photo the different ages of biofilm stain on these units. Whenever a friend asked or I needed a portable biofilter I would pull out some plastic for the job. So you can see the different years. The oldest ( about 10-14 years old I would guess?) , as expected, is the darkest. The pic on the right is new media. I do have a shot of some media I kept in a lateral flow chamber for a couple of years- I'll see if I can scan it in----

Oyagoi
    I find one of the interesting aspects of all of this is that the Navy recently changed all of it's ship hulls to contain dielectric and FIR emitting cermics in order to reduce deposits and buildups on the exterior of the ship hull, which causes unwanted noise when running in silent mode and an increase in ship weight and loss of power. It also means noone has to dive for hours to clean barnacles. Several lives a year were being lost just on those dives alone.

It is interesting to me that the fields of Energy Mangagement. ship maintenance, and FIR ferroelectric ceramics have merged. The result is a filter media that is unsurpassed in it's ability to utilize both qualities to affect water and waste. The Navy also had many problems getting it to work through certain plastics and metals, nescessitating the discovery of new composite materials. I guess that is why BH is in a bin not a baggie? The new line of ships will be the fastest, lightest hulled and long lasting hulled ships ever built. All thanks to FIR emitting ceramics developed in Malaysia and Japan. However, they are very careful and wise not to wrap the ships in plastic baggies. Maybe they read SMGs posts?

Jumbo
    George, did you fix those two posts yet? JR

Jumbo
    Here's the shot of that same media in a submerged outdoor setting. The picture is dated 1991. I think I had this running for about two years? JR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bakki Shower/Bacteria House vs Conventional Submerged Filtration System.-plastic-media-outside.jpg  

Jumbo
    So what do you all think is better?

a) a pond where the biofilter is so efficient that you never see a measurable ammonia reading on your test kit .

- or-

b) a pond where the amount of flow thru of fresh water is so great and the stocking levels are so low, you never see a measurable reading of ammonia on the test kit.

JR

i spend about $500 a month on electricity. i can't afford to just let the water run also.

Carl

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast