Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Tosai Pix . . .

Dinh . . .

Quote Originally Posted by dinh
    How come you and Frank miss out those baby kohaku ;-))
    Well, #5 is a nice one for First in Class....
    The body conformation of this #5 can't compare to the "2005 Koi Kichi Baby Champion".........

--Dinh
    Thanks for the compliment!

Every trip to ENKOI for supplies, I'd stare at all the koi swimming by in the large waterfall pond and one day I spotted that Maruyama kohaku. Next time there, I spotted it right away and asked Nancy what she thought. She loved it (of course) but confessed that the little Sakuma kohaku was her absolute max favorite in the pond. So, yes, it will be interesting to see what happens next month -- even though at 14" and 7 1/2" they won't really be going head to head. Are you coming down?

Thought you might like this blowup pix of the Maruyama kohaku -- it reminds me of a cake with icing dripping down the side!

Hey, Nancy . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M.
    Don

My Favorite #5 Sakuma Kohaku... God I love that fish... Really must see this fish in person to appriciate it's full beauty.
    You are SO very right (and you never shoulda pointed her out to me ). Just so there's no hard feelings, howzabout we appoint you . . . her Godmother?

While I'm thinking about it, I understand the 7 sizes and the 13 classifications. But as a newbie to show biz, I'd appreciate it if you could explain the various Best and Champion awards y'all are talking about? Thanks, Don

Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop
    You are SO very right (and you never shoulda pointed her out to me ). Just so there's no hard feelings, howzabout we appoint you . . . her Godmother?

While I'm thinking about it, I understand the 7 sizes and the 13 classifications. But as a newbie to show biz, I'd appreciate it if you could explain the various Best and Champion awards y'all are talking about? Thanks, Don
    Ok let me try to explain.
    we have Grand Champion, Runner up GC, Mature Champ, Male Champ, Young Champ, Best Baby, Baby Grand Champ. All of these awards are taken out of certain sizes. Then we have Best in Size our club has 7 sizes, So the judges pick out the best fish in each size. In other words all the fish in size 1 ( all varities) the judges pick the best one... Then we have 13 best in class, judges chose for example all kohakus in the show from all sizes the best one. etc... hope this helps you understand.

Don, i will be out of town that weekend. So, can't make it in person.
    But as a koi kichi, will be there for the show in the spirit.....

Anyway, Don, for the first show, you have "the eyes" and you have
    great chance for that kohaku.

For the conformation it has 9/10 pts; for colors both hi and shiro, it has 10/10, and pattern 9.5/10, same pattern as one of the All Japan Champion couple years back (the three steps). And kiwa, shasi, odome, etc... it has that all.....

I know Nancy will not agree to the points I have.....

--Dinh

Thanks for the compliment!

Every trip to ENKOI for supplies, I'd stare at all the koi swimming by in the large waterfall pond and one day I spotted that Maruyama kohaku. Next time there, I spotted it right away and asked Nancy what she thought. She loved it (of course) but confessed that the little Sakuma kohaku was her absolute max favorite in the pond. So, yes, it will be interesting to see what happens next month -- even though at 14" and 7 1/2" they won't really be going head to head. Are you coming down?

Thought you might like this blowup pix of the Maruyama kohaku -- it reminds me of a cake with icing dripping down the side!

Nisai
    #6 is my favorite of the group.

Thanks Nancy . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M.
    Ok let me try to explain. We have Grand Champion, Runner up GC, Mature Champ, Male Champ, Young Champ, Best Baby, Baby Grand Champ. All of these awards are taken out of certain sizes.
    Now can you point me to a site where I can find which sizes compete for which prizes? And what exactly the difference is between Best Baby & Baby Champion? Thanks again, Don

Thanks, Surf . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Surfhead
    #6 is my favorite of the group.
    Me, too. But I thought that at least one of the sanke's would be pulling in some votes, too? And maybe even some showa love??? Don

I'm looking forward to seeing updates on number 2 in a few years. Hopefully that sumi on its head will thicken up a bit. Its looks like a lightening bolt.
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Now can you point me to a site where I can find which sizes compete for which prizes? And what exactly the difference is between Best Baby & Baby Champion? Thanks again, Don
    size 6 & 7 generally compete for Grand Champ and rummer up Grand champ
    size 4 5 6 generaly compete for mature champ and male champ
    size 3 , 4 generally compete for young champ
    size 1 , 2 compete for best baby & baby GC
    best baby is one step below baby GC
    Sizes are not always the same for all shows. Each club has there own way of doing things. So every show is differant.

That Maruyama kohaku looks like one we got from Ken.

What size pond are all the new kids going into?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast