Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Turkey Day !

Tategoi

It's Turkey Day !

HAPPY TURKEY DAY KOI BITO :

WE GOT SNOW DAMMIT!!!! We have about 3 inches in Connecticut...not ready for this yet!! Anyway...HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

Smile

Frost in Alabama, thank the Lord no snow. No turkey here, eat nothen with eyes thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscz
    WE GOT SNOW DAMMIT!!!! We have about 3 inches in Connecticut...not ready for this yet!! Anyway...HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    My wife is a Connecticut Yankee transplanted to Oklahoma.
    We're pushing 60deg already and she is sooooooooooooooo happy to be here instead of there .
    (of course she has second thoughts during tornado season )

!HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!

Smile

Boycott turkey....eat more Tofu! There is still time. Turkey makes you sleepy and they gobble. I wish the Pilgrims killed a cat instead.

someone out of repect for the rest of the world ( whom we fortunately are able to include in the KB family ) should explain the holiday we pilgrims celebrate in the U.S......today.

for those of you familar with the food and music of new orleans (nawlans) the real treat is jazz and turducen today. A combination of layered turkey,duck and chicken with dressing in between.

and while tofu has already been mentioned for our vegetarian koi kichii's out there...tofurkey....tofu shaped and browned in such a way as to look like turkey.

as for me and my family...it's a 15 pound everyday turkey stuffed with dressing

and around the table today I know it will be expressed why I'm thankful this year,

seeing my wife get thru emergency open heart surgery...and the support i felt from around the world via my KB family.

Well, Dick, I'll give the explaining a try .... In the early 1600s, English-speaking settlers who had endured scraping out an existence on the rocky soil of what is now the northeastern U.S., celebrated their first harvest with a Thanksgiving feast, shared with native Americans who contributed to the feast. Over the next 200 years, Thanksgiving Days were declared from time to time in the North American colonies. By the mid-1800s, the idea had spread ... across America the tradition took hold of setting aside a day to give thanks for the good things that occurred, for the bounty of the land and for family and friends. The holiday was not celebrated on the same day in all places, however. Then in 1863 (I think it was) Abraham Lincoln declared a national day of thanksgiving... and the national holiday became universal. Celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November, all across America families travel to be together for the day. The highlight of the day is to have a great meal, with family gathered around the table. It is traditional to have a turkey as the main course, and other foods are traditional in various areas of the country. I cannot imagine Thanksgiving dinner without candied sweet potatos (sweet yams), stuffing and cranberry sauce. Every family has it's own traditions, different recipes and treats.

This year it was not possible for my wife's sisters to join us today, but not having Thanksgiving dinner together was not acceptable. So, last weekend, my wife's father and step-mother, her sisters and their husbands, neices and nephews, converged on our house to celebrate an early Thanksgiving. Today, my daughter is home from college, my mother is about to arrive and we are having another Thanksgiving dinner.... and will telephone the other branches of the family to wish them a happy day as they gather for their Thanksgiving meal.

We have much to be thankful for ... the good that has occurred, the things not harmed in the season's hurricanes, but mostly thankful for all the family and friends who make life what it is. And that includes all the people who make Koi-Bito a special sort of community.

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkong
    Frost in Alabama, thank the Lord no snow. No turkey here, eat nothen with eyes thank you very much.
    So? lots of blind cave fish and blind crayfish?

Talking

Happy Thanksgiving!

Turkey...cranberries....and left over turkey for lunch for the next few days

Daihonmei
    mmmhh, god has to have a sense of humor. THE animal that is the centerpeice of a NAtional Holiday associated with feasting and the bird saids.....?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast