Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bringing fish indoors for winter!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscz
    The only problem I have been seeing is flashing...lots of it. I have had problems with flukes in the past...so I ordered some praziquintel to treat them. It should arrive by wednesday. Any advice on handling my new indoor venture would be appreciated.

That doesn't mean you have flukes now. Pick a koi or two that are flashing and do a scrape and scope on them to determine what their actual problem is instead of guessing. Then treat that. Lots of good information already in print on these things at Koivet.com Good luck!
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Quote Originally Posted by vipldy
    If you have ulcers you should inject antibaotics. You should ask the pro's here about that. The way I treat my water is proformC, and Prazi the last day of treatment. We do many water changes a week and have close to 900 gal. We watch the doc's and water test every other day. Our filters are seeded all year but still in a small volume of water you have to be careful.

Marie
    No problem with the proform c and prazi together? I just did a water change last night and used dechlor. So, I will wait another day to add any meds. They say to wait 2 days as dechlor can inactivate some meds. I have been testing the water...everything has been good. I used filter media I took from my pond and bought some bacteria in a bottle to add. I have 2 fish with ulcers and 1 with mouth rot. I am more worried about the one with mouth rot..really nice ginrin asagi from ogata...don't want to lose this fish!!! The other two are nothing great...but still want to save them.

no time for guessing

Hi Brutus,

Please scrape and scope that Asagi right away. You should also consider finding a vet and getting a culturette kit; while you have her out you can take a swab of that mouth sore and get a proper diagnosis.

We did exactly that with our shusui, injected Baytril 5 times, she is fine now. None of the dips or medicated food helped. We did dump a half teaspoon of Tricide Neo powder onto her mouth sore after the swab...who knows, it could have helped.

Tom

speaking of gin rin asagi's...Tom...Where did you get yours? (who bred it? )

That would be telling!

Hi Dick,

My dealer got her from Ogata, in southern Japan. They are Joe and Peter at Inland Koi, and they rock!

Tom

coincidence?

I just noticed that Brutuscz got his from Ogata too, better cure that fish Brutus!

Got a pic?

Tom

Well...the nitrites are going up now!!! Pretty much expected it....seeing more flashing as they rise. I am doing a huge, but gradual, water change today. So far, the Ginrin Asagi is holding his own. Just have to monitor this stuff closely...very little room for error with this many fish in this small a pool.

Keep the water changes to 10% and use salt too take care of your Nitrite problem.

IMHO you are keeping way to many koi in those 560g.

Please keep feeding very little and few, do a continual water change, and I also would add more air to the tank, two air stones sounds very little.

As said by others, please (get someone to) determine what is the cause of the problems and use the proper medication. And never use a broad spectrum anti biotic to battle something when you do not know exactly what is causing the problem.

Succes and keep us up to date.

Regenmeneer

Jumbo
    I have quite a few fish in my indoor 500 gal tank. I keep a small trickle of waqter going in one end and goes out the over flow. Continous water change, about 100 gal a day. Works good for me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast