Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bringing fish indoors for winter!!

I have been measuring the water regularly and doing water changes. I am also feeding very little. After the treatments with prazi and the water changes, I am seeing much less flashing. Probably a rise in nitrites was the problem. I have also begun to salt to .01 so far. After removing several koi, and examining closely..I have 3 with ulcers, and one with mouth rot. These problems existed outside...they are not new. I put in an order for tricide neo dip. When I see an ulcer... I assume aero & pseudomonas. I have separated these fish from the pack...they are being fed antibiotic food. I am ready to go with the dip as soon as it arrives. I would like to inject..but have never done this on a koi before. I am not going to learn now on these fish (an omosoko utsuri, sakai (H) showa)..I hope the dip is effective. I am still happier to treat them indoors now, than have a nightmare in the spring again!! My pond is frozen..but I did bomb it with PP and will do it again in the spring several times. I will then do a 100% water change before any koi enter the pond.

I just received my tricide neo dip yesterday. I began dipping the fish with ulcers and mouth rot. I have done 2 treatments so far. I will let everyone know how well this stuff works. I am using distilled water and following the instructions to the letter. I am also feeding the affected koi with antibiotic food by jungle labs. So far...they are tolerating the treatments well.

The Koi with mouth rot, as well as one with fin rot..responded very well to tricide neo dip. The mouth rot fish has begun to eat again, and is being fed antibiotic food. The one with the ulcer did not improve at all. In fact, he went dropsy...bloated with pineconing scales. I had my koi dealer get me some baytril to inject. I injected 2 koi for the first time today. Hopefully it will work. I also have been using a product called Cycle (bacteria). It cycled my indoor tank very quickly. No ammonia or nitrites...not bad considering about 30 koi in 560 gallons. I definitely recommend this product to start a new system.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123