Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: # of GC contenders

Sansai

chucky

you are an embarrassment. get off my thread, go away.

Quote Originally Posted by joe bauer
    you are an embarrassment. get off my thread, go away.
    Is that why you are trying to get me kicked off every board you visit?

Sansai

chucky

if i had the ability, i would personally throw you off every board you are on. you are scum to attack the charactor and integrity of a good man who devotes much of his time to judging koi with no evidence of wrongdoing by him. have you no shame?

now go away, i want nothing to do with you. i feel like i need to shower after posting to you.

Whern i first fell in love with the japanese culture, I had already a love affair with baseball. I collected many rare japanese baseball cards of the great hitters
    of the time. All my american baseball fans laughed at me. They short changed the quality of ball players and the distance of the home run fences.that was then, Well a few years ago some players migrated across the pond and have done a great job of making apples to apples comparisons.

I get the same feeling now as i watch comments flood the board about what america and Europe and asia outside japan has for contenders. It may be true we can't get em back inside for a contest of apples against apples But I'm willing to bet we could hold our own with the quality of contenders outside japan.

Depending on what comes out the day of the show for GC competition we really cant tell. Shot last years GC for San Diego was a 24" Gin Rin Showa. So it all depends. How many are in the United States? There are alot of fish that could compete at the US level, it all depends on the hobbyist. There are some private hobbyist out there who's collection could take home a BKKS GC...It all depends on the day of the show, anything could win...even a smaller sized fish for GC.

Daihonmei
    there's less than 200 fish out there that compete for the Major show GC Trophies and most are known to the judges. Either they've seen the fih shown before or they "know" the buyer/dealer/breeder that has been associated with it.
    And on top of that when a "Hobbyist" brings a new fish to a show to contend for GC he brings other "KNOWN" fish and they share the same tank. and therefore the judge immediately knows whose fish they are...the only way a judge wouldn't know the koi at a US Show is if the judge was from Japan....or maybe GB

Quote Originally Posted by joe bauer
    if i had the ability, i would personally throw you off every board you are on. you are scum to attack the charactor and integrity of a good man who devotes much of his time to judging koi with no evidence of wrongdoing by him. have you no shame?

now go away, i want nothing to do with you. i feel like i need to shower after posting to you.
    Another troublemaking post Newt/Joe_Bauer?

This time I refuse to bite. Hopefully, others are tired of your games, too, and will ignore this trap!

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop
    Another troublemaking post Newt/Joe_Bauer?

This time I refuse to bite. Hopefully, others are tired of your games, too, and will ignore this trap!
    what is it about this thread that offends you. go ahead, express yourself rather than just complaining.

Oyagoi
    R u ok newt? its gettin a lil freaky round here now......

Even at the All Japan, there are realy only a few contenders for GC in a show. It's all about the competition. A koi that becomes GC in one show with overall lower quality could enter another show with a higher level of entries and not win a major award. Just to illustrate, at a koi show held in the Netherlands in May, a Ogata Showa won Mature champion. At a show in August, the same Showa became second in size and variety, and in my opinion had not dimished in quality. Regenmeneer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast