Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Kohaku - Opinions

New Kohaku - Opinions

This is a 2 yr old from Torazo - blunt, honest opinions only - don't beat around the BS bush!!
    Also, what do you think of the one in the avatar? 2 yr old Ogata Showa?

Nisai
    The beni is even and the base shiro is good too. The pattern is balance and wrap deep at where it counts most. The shiro should look better under a different light condition? The big hump bother me a bit ... How old? size? sex? My guess it's a young female but close to finished, being so red? Thanks Koizcar. MA Le

That Kohaku is awesome!!! Very strong and healthy!!!.. Yet, the Showa has a resemblance to a pattern of a coat I once seen, well knit..... That's beautiful!!!... I wouldn't mind owning that!!!... I bet it's beautiful roaming about the pond!!!

Adreamer2

Smile

Very nice, Kohaku is a 8.5 , the Showa a 8.1 , a little heavy on nose sumi for me.

I'd be interested in seeing you put up a kin showa.... that's my avatar.... heheheeee....

Yeah.... I'd like to see what you compare of that Showa.....

Adreamer2

Thumbs up I'll wrestle you for the Showa

I like the nice strong bodies on both. The Kohak has one small bit of sashi that extends a bit too far, but time will likely clear that up. All in all a very nice one. The strong facial Sumi on the Showa doesn't bother me at all. I like the Sumi pattern very much. Looks like it will laquer up nicely. (most of it already has )

Torazo? ...Not the razor-sharp kiwa I usually see on Torazo Kohaku, deeper red than I usually see (which could be the photo), and more length/less girth than usual proportions. Torazo Kohaku often have a broad, high shoulder that gives nisai a somewhat "stumpy" look about the head. They grow into it. This one does not have that characteristic, but does have a nice strong rise to the shoulder and a strong backbone that can carry growth. Different. Elsewhere it was mentioned that Torazo had acquired Ueno tosai Showa to grow so the farm would have some nisai Showa to market this season. Could the same be true of Kohaku? If this is Torazo bloodline, I cannot recall seeing a pattern of this type available in this country.

Whatever the bloodline, this is a Kohaku I would enjoy having. Blunt criticism requested, so... I do not think it is balanced front-to-rear. The dorsal and final steps should wrap more deeply to balance the front and not have a mature fish with undersized steps. Maruzome to my eye needs to have a more perfect balance of pattern or there is a messy appearance, rather than a "finishing touch". This one tends more toward the messy-side. But, that's just my preferences, none of which would deter me from giving this one a try.

If you want to know about the Showa on your icon. Well lets just put it this way I'll take it. Its a beautiful and full bodied koi and would look good in any pond.

The kohaku, well let me see, I cant tell to much about the shiro but the hi is good and deep and I like this on a koi. The pattern is a little off and the edges are not to clean. Just a little messy. But overall from the pic I would also love to have this koi in my pond. Good body with the potiental to grow into a big big koi. You know we really need a better pic to tell much about the koi because it could just be stress that is causeing the koi to look patchy. I would like to comment more but the picture is not very good.

Judy

Looks more like immature Dainichi/Maruyama style maruzome kiwa..
    Deep , deep,..beni..
    Those guys swap " breeders" more than Miami swingers so who the hell knows

Nice fish.
    Very nice.
    Take care of her.

Both koi are nice. I like the showa more than the kohaku, but I'd be happy to have either in my pond...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast