Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Clay

Sansai
    Nancy, naw. I wasn't goin there this time Just trying to see if there was a different mineral content which is plausable.

This has become one of the most informative threads here for a while. Everyone seems to be on the politically correct page in this one.

I too have used koi clay. Not as often as should be, but with several others using it from here, looks like I'll begin in earnest from here on out.

Thanks all for the solid information on a very important subject,IMHO.

Where is Koi Clay from?

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by aquitori
    Where is Koi Clay from?
    Not sure where it is actually mined. Gene from Koi Village is the distributor

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C
    Not sure where it is actually mined. Gene from Koi Village is the distributor
    I use Refresh, but I use it in the summer....more for skin conditioning than anything else. I also use Izeki Super Clean C...Works pretty good and plus you can use it in paste food too...

Sansai
    I use Refresh, but I use it in the summer....more for skin conditioning than anything else. I also use Izeki Super Clean C...Works pretty good and plus you can use it in paste food too...
    What is the Izeki Super Clean C? Why only utilize the Refresh in the summer?

Daihonmei
    i just toss some good lo "bentonite" in and let her rip.

I do want to clarify MikeM's statement and he can rebuke me if I am wrong...."Industrial clays" can have variations but only if it is usde by the Dumptruck load.
    I am a sometimes pottery teacher, and the 50lb bags we get are as stringently tested as you can get because very small amounts of trace lemenet s will change how the clay body reacts with the glaze placed on the pots....and an unexpected color would be unacceptable, and may make the pot useless.
    The exception to that is that is with potter's that like "happy mistakes."

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C
    What is the Izeki Super Clean C? Why only utilize the Refresh in the summer?
    Super Clean C contains bacteria to aid in the filteration of free floating particals. It also contains clay. This stuff is good to mix in paste food, it will help koi better digest food.

My theory is this. In the summer when we feed alot of food with alot of color enhancers the Refresh can clense the liver of the fish during the growing season. With this, the fish needs these trace minerals during peak growing time like the fish would be grazing the mud pond floor. The effects will best show itself when the water temps gets cooler goin into fall.
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

My theory is this. In the summer when we feed alot of food with alot of color enhancers the Refresh can clense the liver of the fish during the growing season. With this, the fish needs these trace minerals during peak growing time like the fish would be grazing the mud pond floor. The effects will best show itself when the water temps gets cooler goin into fall.
    Ah ha! Now I'm re-motivated to pull the netting off of my pond and take a closer look at a few members of my crew now that I have some "daylight hours" to spend outside tomorrow. Maybe ol' ugly shiro has whitened up some (I hope) The last few trips to the pond during the evening light it seemed like my Sanke's colors had improved somewhat as well.....fingers crossed. Any impressive progress I will post (impressive as opposed to depressive, not impressive in the larger sense of the word, obviously, I try, but, well ya' know.... )

Quote Originally Posted by mulberryjen
    Ah ha! Now I'm re-motivated to pull the netting off of my pond and take a closer look at a few members of my crew now that I have some "daylight hours" to spend outside tomorrow. Maybe ol' ugly shiro has whitened up some (I hope) The last few trips to the pond during the evening light it seemed like my Sanke's colors had improved somewhat as well.....fingers crossed. Any impressive progress I will post (impressive as opposed to depressive, not impressive in the larger sense of the word, obviously, I try, but, well ya' know.... )
    Where have you been? HAHAHAHA...I know you have been busy...work comes first, whatelse can we use to buy koi? Seashells? Shot I wish it was that easy...

Back to the thread. I am sure the Shiro has cleaned up but it takes time. Any new pics?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast