Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Make Plans For Orlando!

Make Plans For Orlando!

The planning for the Central Florida Koi Show, March 10-12, 2006, is going hot & heavy. Rooms are going quickly, so those planning to stay in the show hotel need to make reservations soon. Some of our best weather is in March, so it is a popular time for tourists!

I'm getting excited... It's confirmed that a lot of big Gosanke are being entered ... the plan calls for 47 tanks... 16 are 8' tanks, 31 are 6' tanks. And, vendors are coming from both coasts. The koi dealers include the likes of Keirin Koi, Genki, Champion Koi, Nishikigoi of Niigata, Quality Koi and Blackwater Creek. Carl Forss is setting up a Bakki Shower display and says there will be some really impressive fish available ... 3 booths full! Kevin Pham has hinted he has something special in mind, but not telling yet. The seminars are getting lined up, but I'm not at liberty to say what is in store (at this time, anyway).

Any K-B'ers traveling from out of state to attend who need suggestions for anything, just let me know.

Not to nit-pick Mike, but doesn't this belong in the "Club News and Updates" folder?

B.Scott

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM
    The planning for the Central Florida Koi Show, March 10-12, 2006, is going hot & heavy. Rooms are going quickly, so those planning to stay in the show hotel need to make reservations soon. Some of our best weather is in March, so it is a popular time for tourists!

I'm getting excited... It's confirmed that a lot of big Gosanke are being entered ... the plan calls for 47 tanks... 16 are 8' tanks, 31 are 6' tanks. And, vendors are coming from both coasts. The koi dealers include the likes of Keirin Koi, Genki, Champion Koi, Nishikigoi of Niigata, Quality Koi and Blackwater Creek. Carl Forss is setting up a Bakki Shower display and says there will be some really impressive fish available ... 3 booths full! Kevin Pham has hinted he has something special in mind, but not telling yet. The seminars are getting lined up, but I'm not at liberty to say what is in store (at this time, anyway).

Any K-B'ers traveling from out of state to attend who need suggestions for anything, just let me know.
    Damn, wish I could go....Got to see how much flyer miles I have to go for a free trip...

Quote Originally Posted by B.Scott
    Not to nit-pick Mike, but doesn't this belong in the "Club News and Updates" folder?

B.Scott
    I think alot of the people pay more attention to the main forum than that other one....besides "Big Shows" deserve to be on the main page....

Oyagoi
    It is kind of a long stadning practice on here to anounce and remind folks of shows and events. Hope we can make it. Tell us more about that garden.

Ah, Jungle, 'tis a small garden by your standards. But, a few nifty treasures tucked here 'n there. ....If you make it to Orlando, I'll see about setting up some "nature adventures" for you. How about acres of bromeliads under roof at the DeRoose nursery? Or, a morning on the Wekiva River...a crystal clear spring where its like canoeing over an aquarium with Tillandsias in the overhanging trees, wading birds lurking on the banks and just maybe a black bear's tracks in the mud? (Where is that bear whenever I go? ) But, forgot, with that boy of yours, Sea World and Disney's Animal Kingdom are probably more likely! LOL

B.Scott... Yea, I'm stretching the category just a bit. I promise some pics at show time to earn forgiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM
    ... the plan calls for 47 tanks...
    Not to nit pick, but the show tent will have 52 tanks

Henry

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryC
    Not to nit pick, but the show tent will have 52 tanks

Henry
    not to nitpick, but did you count the tanks used for sterilizing?

Bet that was on the new lay out you sent me...shoulda checked it.

Sounds like a pretty badazz event....this is a ZNA event right?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast