Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: J North.

KFG: If I was moderating, I might just make you an exception to all the rules. You're always a delight, even when you confuse me. But, I understand what Jim is doing. One of the traits of this board is that it does not get diverted into all sorts of "social stuff". There are other boards where the chit-chat is more voluminous than the koi-related posts. Which is just fine for them, but not the K-B approach. Some think this is a boring board because of it. Everybody has different likes.

BTW, nice looking heron scare device. You should get one.

Im not asking to be an exception to the rule. So Im glad you dont moderate this board I to can understand what he is trying to do on this board and applaud him for taking on the task. I wouldn't I just dont understand why my thread was closed and lots of others were not.

Yeah Im thinking about getting me one for the farm. Even if I do have to feed him and give him lots of love they are such hyper dog I dont think anything around my ponds would stand a chance. And no fishing line to keep the bird out of the pond

Smile

Anytime man's and woman's best friend is not allowed in our chapter meetings, that's it for me. I too was suprised to see that fine canine blackballed from this fraternity. Living on a farm with day to day choirs, why if I didn't have my Reilly Dog, there would be no time for koi. KFG rocks. Here is a shot showing the superior affects Reilly Dog has on the Great Blues.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails J North.-shetland_southard.jpg   J North.-b1120a.jpg  

The more I read the more I want to get me one. I cant be on the farm 24/7 and I dont want to shoot the blue that is haggin around my ponds. At least with a dog l can rest knowing that he will keep em run off.

KK I bet she has saved you lots of money and given back more than any fishing line or shoot gun could. She is beautiful to.

Those dogs look too pretty to me, need more like a Rotty....

These dogs have loads of energy and are breed for sheep hearding and cattle hearding they will run anything. Im not sure about Rotty's

J North.

Hi Jim, first of all let me say I am sorry for taking this so far. I for one think your doing a great job as moderator on this board, its a large task and I dont think most could handle the job.

Please forgive me as I am not perfect Just a koi nut.

Have a great day Jim,
    Judy

Actually, KFG, if you are serious about having a dog live at your ponds, I think you'd do better to check out a couple of hunting dogs raised outdoors in your area. I think they would adjust better to an outdoor life with a proper shelter...and you'll find they'll have short hair... no tangles to comb out, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by koifishgirl
    These dogs have loads of energy and are breed for sheep hearding and cattle hearding they will run anything. Im not sure about Rotty's
    My Rott has alot of energy...he has killed a couple of pigeons, chased rachoons, cats...whatelse? hhhhmmm neighborhood kids..hahahahaha...whatelse can you ask for in a dog?

Oyagoi
    Another thing you might want to consider in dog choice is having one who will be visitor and child friendly for farm visitors int he future. Herding dogs are not always real good with small children and have been know to bite and nip in order to 'herd' them.

A good bird dog that is great with kids is a laborador or a golden retriever. They are not only smarter than herd dogs, but frinedlier and fun to boot. They are also larger and have a louder and deeper bark which can help scare off other intruders or predators. They are also bred to specifically hunt and kill large birds. They are also large enough to run off raccoons and other intruders. Labs and retrievers are great for pets, so friendly and fun. You could probably even train one to pull nets with you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast