Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: J North.

J North.

You know this has upset me as I have read
    threads that had nothing to do with koi at all like " What is your job" But yet I post a dog that can keep heron away from my ponds and you stop the thread. What is this?

Tosai
    Uh oh... What to do? Ummm... oh well, a little harmless poke for Jim?

Hana "guarding" the koi pond. Rats... so its not a koi pond!!! Do goldfish count here?

Judy, Please don't be upset. I can understand how you feel and also what Jim is trying to accomplish.

Down on the blueberry farm we have a shepard that if you mention "heron" she will bolt the door and run them off while they are circling to land. They usually divert to the barn and sit a spell and then "macey" just sits there and stares till they fly off. To me she works better than light lazer sprinklers or netting the pond.

Yeah Dick that is what I was thinking a dog like this would keep a lot of things away from our pond. I considering getting me one as I have had a couple in the past and they are easy to train and will run anything away. Im thinking birds to.

I just could not understand why he stoped my thread, it was koi related.
    Thanks Dick for getting me to calm down

Judy

I cannot read jnorth's mind to say for sure but I read the post and I thought he was kidding around but I could be wrong. I am not defending his comments either but rather offering a different perspective. sometimes it's good to take others' comments with a grain of salt. hope you feel better!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by koifishgirl
    Yeah Dick that is what I was thinking a dog like this would keep a lot of things away from our pond. I considering getting me one as I have had a couple in the past and they are easy to train and will run anything away. Im thinking birds to.

I just could not understand why he stoped my thread, it was koi related.
    Thanks Dick for getting me to calm down

Judy
    Hi Judy,

I'm glad you're calm now I saw the thread you were referring to, maybe if you add more info to it before you posted it he would've got your message across that is was koi related. Anyway I'm sure he will explain to you why, he's cool.

So just relax and take your pills

rgds,
    Jon

Hey as long as those people from that other forum aren't here I am cool for the rest of the year....HAHAHAHAHA....

Jon,, dont you think a dog like this would be better than a aligator head floating in my ponds. I bet I could train one to keep the herons away. I wonder how many other people are using dogs to keep preditors away from there pond?

Quite simply this is a koi board and pretty much all that is discussed is related to koi. If your post had been a pic of your dog chasing a heron away from the pond then yeah that would be related, but its a picture of a cute dog that you don't own. You may have noticed I closed Lukes thread about what type of animal he would like to be. I was hoping most people would see that and understand. As for the other non koi related threads posted recently they already had plenty of replies to them before I saw them so I let them go (nobodies perfect ). As for "Happy Holiday" threads? C'mon I'm not the grinch. Please PM in the future if you have a problem and I did not mean to upset you or make you think you were being singled out. Thanks.
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Quote Originally Posted by koifishgirl
    Jon,, dont you think a dog like this would be better than a aligator head floating in my ponds. I bet I could train one to keep the herons away. I wonder how many other people are using dogs to keep preditors away from there pond?
    Judy,

It would be nice to have a dog like that if I have a farm or a huge backyard for the dog to run free....but for me I'll stick with aligators head....why, simple almost maintenace free compare to a dog, IMHO

rgds,
    Jon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast