Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with KOIUSA.

Problem with KOIUSA.

I hate to say this, but since I didn't get my Bito today I had to settle for the "Other" magazine...I must have subscribed to KOIUSA for about 7 years now and they seem to only feature 2 koi shows a magazine. Why don't they feature more koi shows in the magazine? Can anyone from the KOIUSA magazine answer this question.

Tony: They depend on member clubs to put together the photos and article and submit for publication. Nobody is going to call to remind anyone. Most clubs just don't have anyone who gets around to doing it, so nothing gets published.

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori
    I hate to say this, but since I didn't get my Bito today I had to settle for the "Other" magazine...I must have subscribed to KOIUSA for about 7 years now and they seem to only feature 2 koi shows a magazine. Why don't they feature more koi shows in the magazine? Can anyone from the KOIUSA magazine answer this question.
    Awe Tony
    Our club has always sent the show article and pictures with 4 weeks of show. Our club did not get featured in the mag for our 2004 show, I contacted the editor, he said our pictures were not of high enough quality for print.. Funny thing is some of the same pictures of our clubs winning fish are in other magazines and look great. I personally sent in the article and pictures for our club, I spent alot of time on the article and getting all the picsMaybe other clubs have had the same problem. And figure why bother.. I did not submit this past show, I figure they would not be good enough also.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM
    Tony: They depend on member clubs to put together the photos and article and submit for publication. Nobody is going to call to remind anyone. Most clubs just don't have anyone who gets around to doing it, so nothing gets published.
    This is a sad excuse for a club to use especially if they are a member of the AKCA. It is also a sad looking section in the magazine when they feature only one koi show this magazine.

How Sad...then no wonder they only have 2 per magazine. I donít think it could be more discouraging than being rejected because your pics arenít good enough. Did they say in what way they were deficient? Did they suggest a photographer or what you could do to rectify the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M.
    Awe Tony
    Our club has always sent the show article and pictures with 4 weeks of show. Our club did not get featured in the mag for our 2004 show, I contacted the editor, said our pictures were not of high enough quality for print.. Funny thing is the same pictures of our winning fish are in other magazines and look great.Maybe other clubs have had the same problem. And figure why bother.. I did not submit this past show, I figure they would not be good enough also.

Awe Tony
    Our club has always sent the show article and pictures with 4 weeks of show. Our club did not get featured in the mag for our 2004 show, I contacted the editor, said our pictures were not of high enough quality for print.. Funny thing is the same pictures of our winning fish are in other magazines and look great.Maybe other clubs have had the same problem. And figure why bother.. I did not submit this past show, I figure they would not be good enough also.

Maybe they need a more experienced photoshop editor for the job. I look at all the pics in this new magazine and I would have sent it back to prepress for corrections. They let go of alot of picture flaws in some of the articles why cant they be more forgiving with show pics? People fail to remember that this is a digital world of printing and that all pics submitted can be changed in someway.

Awe Tony
    This is very sad indeed. I can't believe this to be true.....

Seems like AKCA needs to give the editor a long vacation so that he or she can relax and learn a little bit more how to be a good editor. I really meant it.

Best regards,
    --Dinh

This year I have yet to see any coverage of the 31st ZNA Gardena Show. The ZNA Gardena Showa is the grand daddy of all the shows....

Quote Originally Posted by dinh
    This is very sad indeed. I can't believe this to be true.....

Seems like AKCA needs to give the editor a long vacation so that he or she can relax and learn a little bit more how to be a good editor. I really meant it.

Best regards,
    --Dinh
    He has resigned.. And he said that they were not of high enough resolution.. Here are a few examples of the pics that were no good. These are copied from our clubs website, so this is even worse quality then what what submitted to Koi USA.

Pics look good to me, transfer them to 6 color process and they should be fine on press. Kinda sad to see a club does it's best to promote the hobby and the AKCA with no love in return for show coverage in the magazine...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast