Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZNA NorCal's first meeting.

ZNA NorCal's first meeting.

Just wanted to stress to people who are interested in joining the ZNA NorCal Chapter to please mark your calendars for this meeting. Please let Dinh know that you are coming so we can get a head count for refreshments. For those who can not make it please email Dinh.

Thanks again,
    Tony

Please read:

Dear Koi Friends,

As you may already know, I have been working with Mr. Ron Goforth, ZNA U.S. District Chairman, for the last few months to form the Northern California ZNA Chapter (ZNA NorCal), a non-profit organization. The main goal of ZNA NorCal is for Koi learning and to spread the hobby of koi keeping and advancement of koi husbandry with greatly appreciation of Nishikigoi as living art. All requirements have been met in order to form a new chapter. Mr. Ron Goforth has agreed for me to call the first meeting as part of forming ZNA NorCal to become a ZNA Chapter officially. You are cordially invited to attend our first formal meeting of the ZNA NorCal club. The following subjects to be discussed and to be done at the first meeting:

1. The overview of the first formal meeting.

2. The purposes of the ZNA NorCal chapter.

3. The ByLaws for ZNA NorCal Chapter.
    4. Selection club officers (President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary)
    5. Things need to be done for newly born ZNA NorCal Club.
    6. Questions and answers session

The first meeting will be held at 3395 Keaton Loop, San Jose, CA 95121 at 12:00PM PST on Sat. February 18th, 2006

Refreshments will be served.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sat. February 18th, 2006

Sincerely,

Dinh Nguyen
    ZNA NorCal Chapter organizer

Also note this is a ZNA club seperate from the KOI-UNIT group.
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

It was nice meeting you at last, Tony.

glad I met Grant Fujita. I definitely can learn lots of koi stuffs from him.

thank you for putting things together, Dinh.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nguyen

Steve
    It was nice meeting you too, I hope this club can help you in your Nishikigoi hobby.

Dinh

I wish you lots of luck, with your new club. For those of you that live in the
    NorCal area, this is a wonderful thing.. Belonging to a ZNA club, can only enlighten your koi hobby experience. I hope that all of you take advantage of this opportunity, to be apart of the founding memberships of this club. Everyone also remember it takes more than 1 man to make a club happen. So everyone go show your support and volunteer to be on the board, or work on newsletter etc.. there are so many things that a club needs. And there is always a position for everyone willing to learn and help others.

Dinh,
    I want to be one of the first to wish your chapter well. I am sure that if Dr. Kuroki were alive and well he would be one of the first from Japan to extend his hand in friendship. It is my understanding that ZNA Japan bylaws would apply to you folks since you are not an exsisting club already. A couple of years back I e-mailed japan on the subject. I was told that if a club would like to be ZNA charter the bylaws that they have now is ok and not subject to ZNA Japan bylaws. New start up`s may be differant, it would be interesting to see how this is handled.
    Once again my very best to you folks as you extend your hands in friendship across the sea.
    Louie

Louie

I'll ask Isa Hajime when I'm there this next week. He's the current president of the Shinkokai and should know or send me in the right direction to find out.

I hope you post some pictures of Isa`s showa`s. fyi in case you do not know you can e-mail ZNA hdq Japan and they will give you the info in ?. They usally return e-mail within a week. Have fun in Japan all of you!!!!!!

Louie

Good news.

A new Koi Club, especially one based on your tenets, is needed every now and again to invigorate the club scene.

Best of luck to all involved and best wishes for the future.

rgds BERN

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nguyen

Steve
    Steve,

You now have more chances to meet both Grant and Tony at our new ZNA NorCal chapter monthly basic. Both Sensei Grant and Tony are true Koikichi.... It is always very beautiful thing to hang around with koi folks for koi learning and friendships. That is one of reason why I am trying to complete the task of forming ZNA NorCal chapter.

Regards,
    --Dinh

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M.
    Dinh

I wish you lots of luck, with your new club. For those of you that live in the
    NorCal area, this is a wonderful thing.. Belonging to a ZNA club, can only enlighten your koi hobby experience. I hope that all of you take advantage of this opportunity, to be apart of the founding memberships of this club. Everyone also remember it takes more than 1 man to make a club happen. So everyone go show your support and volunteer to be on the board, or work on newsletter etc.. there are so many things that a club needs. And there is always a position for everyone willing to learn and help others.
    Thank you Nancy. We would love to live up to the spirit of this hobby and will try my best to finish my first task to form the ZNA Chapter. We are very lucky to live in Northern California where we have so many koi people and number of koi dealers here. Many koikichi already signed up for the club and willing to help out that makes my job a little bit easier....

Regards,
    --Dinh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast