Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Saki-Hikari ???

Saki-Hikari ???

I used the combination of Hi-Silk (69C and up) and Hikari Wheat Germ for the last few years. Would like to consider Saki-Hikari Multiseason for this year. Have you used Saki-Hikari? Any comments?

Thanks,
    --Dinh

Dinh,

I used Saki-Hikari this past season, in fact I used several types of food offered.
    One major thing I noticed is that the koi seem to be absorbing more of the food.
    Waste from koi seemed not to be as much as with other koi food, and my water was gin clear.
    Shiroji on koi was snow white!

I plan on using Saki-Hikari this season.

I have used Saki for two years, and feel it's the best I've ever used. Good growth, great skin lustre and very little waste in the water!

Unfortunately, Saki has been unavailable in the European Union because of new legislation being passed. But if it's back on the shelves, I'll be the first buying it!!

Regenmeneer

Dinh, Saki-Hikari is probably the best all-around food on the market. The fish food contains alot of fish oils to condition the fishs liver for proper digestion. The "Pro-biotics" is not a medication but a digestion additive enzymes to help the fish out when it eats. Remember that if the fishs liver is healthy you get better growth and whiter skin.....I think Eastern has the food on sale you might want to check it out and also Fancy Koi Outlet carries it too as well as Majestic.......

Dinh if you want to try something even better...you might want to try Izeki...Eastern just got shipment in and if you dont mind mixing....it is even better stuff...give them a call or email them enkoi.com...
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Quote Originally Posted by dinh
    I used the combination of Hi-Silk (69C and up) and Hikari Wheat Germ for the last few years. Would like to consider Saki-Hikari Multiseason for this year. Have you used Saki-Hikari? Any comments?

Thanks,
    --Dinh
    Dinh
    We have been feeding Saki Hikari since it hit California, last March.. Our Koi love it, also seems like less waste in settlement tank, colors have never been better. We use Multiseason and used Growth last summer, we also use Izeki paste and fresh food. I personally think it is the best pellet food on the market. Have always used Ogata in the past, results were always good, but can't compare to Saki Hikari.