Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zen-Nihon Rinyukai

Zen-Nihon Rinyukai

When I got home from the office today, waiting in the mail was a package from Shigekatsu Takahashi, Chairman of Zen-Nihon Rinyukai. Within were two towels with wonderful, colorful koi figures; a tie clasp with blue enamel and the figures of two koi in silver; a certificate bearing the date March 12, 2006 (and otherwise entirely in Japanese characters); and an impressive award made from what I think is an agate referring to the Central Florida Koi Show. How these came to be sent to my home, I do not know. I assume they they are for presentation at the Central Florida Koi Show, which is being held the weekend of March 12.

I do not believe any of our members can translate the certificate or award. I am undoubtedly showing my ignorance by posting this...but, can someone share with me the likely intended purpose/recipient of the award, towels, tie clasp and certificate? This is the first time we have had a ZNA show in Florida. I'm guessing that these are ZNR's equivalent of friendship awards, but I really have no idea. I am sure there are traditions and custom behind these.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM
    When I got home from the office today, waiting in the mail was a package from Shigekatsu Takahashi, Chairman of Zen-Nihon Rinyukai. Within were two towels with wonderful, colorful koi figures; a tie clasp with blue enamel and the figures of two koi in silver; a certificate bearing the date March 12, 2006 (and otherwise entirely in Japanese characters); and an impressive award made from what I think is an agate referring to the Central Florida Koi Show. How these came to be sent to my home, I do not know. I assume they they are for presentation at the Central Florida Koi Show, which is being held the weekend of March 12.

I do not believe any of our members can translate the certificate or award. I am undoubtedly showing my ignorance by posting this...but, can someone share with me the likely intended purpose/recipient of the award, towels, tie clasp and certificate? This is the first time we have had a ZNA show in Florida. I'm guessing that these are ZNR's equivalent of friendship awards, but I really have no idea. I am sure there are traditions and custom behind these.
    Hi Mike
    Frank and I have received 2 of these certificates. We received our 1st one at the San Diego koi show with our GC trophy, and our 2nd one at ZNA So Cal with our GC trophy. They are both on beautiful parchment type paper, with the ZNA logo in the center, and gold dragons going around as border. Ours are both completely in Japanese, but the Japanese judges told us what they said. On one side it says the koi clubs name, what year show this is for the club. and the date. On the other side it congratulates Frank and I for winning GC. Ours was personalized because the judges were at the show. And it has a red stamp on the bottom left corner, which is the judges signature. it also says who has given this award. One of ours is signed from the mayor of Nigatta and the other one is signed by the ZNA judge himself.
    I have to tell you that we treasure both of these, even more than the $6 trophy's we received. We have them framed in our office.
    Whoever receives this at your show, will truely be honored by it, as we are by ours.
    Perhaps JR, can give you more information on its meaning, and why it is given.

Mike,

Bring the items with you to the next meeting. I would love to take a look before they go to the show committee.

Jeff

Mike,

My good friend at work is a Japanese amd my koi master knows Japanese very well. You can fax me a copy and they can translate for you if you want to.
    PM me if you want and I will send you my fax#.

--Dinh

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM

another resource is Joel at pan intercorp.

Hi Mike,
    The letter and award is not from ZNA but from RNA. Shigekatsu Takahashi is chairman of another hobbyist oganization in Japan called Rinyukai. Takahashi-san is a great guy and we have been lucky enought to visit his home and ponds in Tokyo. Rinyukai to my knowledge only has members/clubs in Japan. They host a Rinyukai All Japan Show at the Tokyo Dome usually after the ZNA show and before the Shinkoikai shows. I have seen them give similar awards at ZNA and Shinkokai shows in Japan. Sounds like they are starting to reach out to the rest of the world like ZNA has done.

I would be happy to call my friend Megumi Yoshida in Tokyo and ask him to contact Takahashi-san to get more information about the award.

Thanks, everyone. I'll be taking Dinh up on his offer. If I still need some help, I know where to go!

It is a curiosity how these items got addressed to me. It truly is a small world. I am sure the internet is at the root of it.

I never fail to be amazed at how close a circle this hobby has created. The very idea that a respected organization of koi hobbyists in Japan would reach out like this carries much meaning. We will make every effort to see that the items are presented as intended, and I am sure the recipient(s?) is/are going to appreciate them in a way that no "local" award could ever be enjoyed. I wish I could write our thanks in Japanese! But, perhaps that does not matter as much as making the connection.

Hi Mike,'
    I would reccomend you take a photo of the owner getting the award and also the koi that earned it and send along with a thank you note to Takahashi-san. Obviously the CFKS has hit the big time. Congratulations.

Thanks, Ray. I'll try to see that gets done.

And, a big thank you to Dinh for obtaining a translation. The Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion at the show are going to receive nice certificates and recognition. ....I jealous of whoever it turns out to be.

Happy to get it done for you Mike. Perhaps, you can post it here for other folks to view.

--Dinh

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast