Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: The Bashing Has Begun!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters
    Yes, I will buy as well.

Russ
    sure you should. you starts this thread Russ...

Does that include the shots of Jaeger? Plus the beer has to be Japanese to honor this event.

Only Japanese beeru allowed. No Exceptions. The bar ain't got it - we go elsewhere!!

Honmei

Cool Lat's Do It Right!!!!!!

I will meet all of you in Ojiya next October. The drinks WILL be on me, all over me and around me.
    Just trying to help.

Russ

Oyagoi
    I read thrsome of the comments about the issue, and Jr's comments ont he other board, while clearly raising the issue in hi smind and heart, do not seem to be applicable to Grant Fujita at this time. If his situation changes then it could be re evaluated. So sorry, I do not seel what all ths tink is about, unless jR is now insinuating others lack ethics, something he he highly dilikes when it is done to him or his buddies.Times change, things change, surfing is nto what it sued to eb and neither is this hobby. Goilden years are in the eyes of the beholder. I remember when I started surfing. My first day I fell off my board in fron of 'an old timer' he got off his board and started yelling and threatening to hit me. I just laughed at him and told him to make it his best shot because it would be his last. He stormed off muttering about all the 'changes' and 'newbies ruining it who did not understand' etc etc etc. Then a cool guy from hawaii who learned to surf at Pipe and Waiamaia Bay, came and started buddying up with me, later that week a hurricane rolled in and he had me in 20ft + tubes in my first week of surfing. Point is every hobby has cool people and assholes who whine about the past. You don't have to be around for 50 yrs to be a soul surfer or catch the big waves. Just ignore the whiners who cannot take change and enjoy the hobby anyway, the hobby remains pure no matter what some 'old guru' thinks, sometimes those old gurus r the only ones who have really lost their soul. I think of hobbiests as the 'soul surfers' of this hobby. Just cuz someone ran a biz (most guys who open surf shops r soul surfers), does not mean he is not a hobbiest, and if he closes his shop, he should have full rights as one.

So if any of u ever make it down here, look me up and I will get u in big waves in no time........btw greg stillw orking on that prop, got tied up in another thing and should be back on it this week.....did u know most advances in surfboards were made by soul surfers in back yards who wanted a cooler ride????

Honmei

Cool Good Point !

I think jungle george has the right idea.

JungleGeorge

Kudos and welcome back!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516