Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Donations for KHV Auction - All Bay Area Koi Show

Donations for Auction - All Bay Area Koi Show

As I have mentioned before, All Bay Area Koi Show will have Donations for KHV auction on Sunday April 2, 2006.

Attached please find two beautiful Kohakus donated by Peters & Son Koi (www.pskoi.com) for KHV Research funding program.
    1) Hosokai Kohaku - 16" female, 2 years old valued at $900.00
    2) Hosokai Kohaku - 14" female, 2 years old valued at $750.00

I would like to thank Peters & Son Koi, Kari, Russ for their donations to support KHV funding. The auction for KHV funding will be handled by San Francisco Bay Area Koi Club, thank you Tino and SFBAKC. Also, thanks to show chair Larry for supporting KHV auction program. All $ will be contributed to AKCA KHV research program.

I will post other donations for KHV from other as soon as I got the detail information. As you know, Koi herpesvirus is a viral disease highly contagious not only to Koi, but also to common carp as well. I hope you all will support this koi auction program and would like to appeal for your help in eradicating this dreadful disease that has the potential to affect anyone and everyone if not stopped.

Best regards,
    --Dinh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Donations for KHV Auction - All Bay Area Koi Show-auctionforkhvfrompskoi1.jpg   Donations for KHV Auction - All Bay Area Koi Show-auctionforkhvfrompskoi2.jpg  
    Last edited by jnorth; 03-19-2006 at 08:20 PM. Reason: fixed date

Kudo's to Dinh and to all the generous donors and supporters who are helping Project KHV raise funds for KHV research and education programs. Best wishes for a sucessful event.

HURRY DINH waiting for more pictures!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shir
    HURRY DINH waiting for more pictures!!!!!
    Yes, I am, Shir......

Perhaps, I need to stop by the dealers and taking pictures of donated koi instead.... Hahaha, I am very busy too..... Looking forward to see you and Mike at the show....

--Dinh

Since Dinh, is part of the Santa Clara Koi and Water Garden Club he is doing that club alot of work for the AKCA project fund....Maybe that club should vote him as Koi Person of the year!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori
    Since Dinh, is part of the Santa Clara Koi and Water Garden Club he is doing that club alot of work for the AKCA project fund....Maybe that club should vote him as Koi Person of the year!!!!
    Come on you guys..., I don't need and don't want any award Tony.... I normally want to do something that believing it is a good thing. I want to help out as a koi lover and it is all about koi appreciation.... no more no less....

Few years ago, one of my koi buddy, lost two of his special collection that also my favorite koi as well. We did not know exactly the root cause. Since then, I have studied a little bit more about koi disease and KHV. As you know KHV is a viral disease highly contagious not only to Koi, but also to common carp as well. It causes sigfinicant mortalities and there is no known cure. I see only few research programs, some just a quick study when KHV breaks out but no further in depth. I saw AKCA Research Funding support program is a good one and the amount of $ AKCA has so little for any Virus Research Program. Since then, I just want to help to bring KHV awareness to public as well as trying to raise some money for AKCA fund.

Yes, I am a member of Santa Clara Koi CLub (AKCA) and member of ZNA NorCal - But what have been trying to help as a koi lover, nothing related to Santa Clara or ZNA NorCal clubs... I strongly believe this dreadful disease that has the potential to affect anyone and everyone if not stopped. Let's ask a simple question. Who else can help to fight this deadly virus if koikichi people like us do not want to involve or to help out?

--Dinh

Dinh I commend your efforts for the AKCA KHV drive, you have done more work to raise money than most clubs as a whole...You have done more than the guy at KoiPhen...You are my life time achievement award winner buddy!!!!!!!

Dinh
    I hoped for more pictures so LOTS of people can get excited about what you are trying to do. Just wanted to wish you great success in taking on this terrible disease.

Ken and I are looking forward to meeting you too! You deserve to be thanked for the time and effort you put in.....also a little recognition.

shir

I also look forward to meeting Dinh and thanking him in person for all that he is doing to help us raise funds for Project KHV. He sure deserves some special recogntion.

I have to disagree with you buddy... I think Koiphen did a lot of work for KHV effort - Koiphen has raised a lot of money for KHV in the past. I am sure they continue to raise more money to the project..... As a koi lover, I am trying to help, but my contribution is nothing - just nothing to compare to many other folks that been trying to help out for this task....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast