Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ABAKS a Special thanks….

ABAKS a Special thanks….

ABAKS a Special thanks….

Now that the show is over, I read many positive things about the koi show. I wasn’t able to thank you many of you publicly at the show but with every show there are many unsung heroes. People who come together who make it run pretty smooth and go unnoticed. I would like to say thanks in no particular order to those who helped the show for last 8 months and during the show weekend..

Tony: AKA Aquitori for really giving the hype of the show and coming through on setup day…

JNorth: Jim had setup the website for the ABAKS show so we could get info out to the rest of the world. I just handed Jim the info and in it went.

Erwinsan: for coming up with the original show packet we tweaked it some but it was his creation..

MulberryJen: I failed English in school (LOL) so I knew who the go to person was. Jen made about 5 pages of corrections. I think I failed her class too. (LOL)

BNKOI: for doing the benching and staying out in the rain and helping those bringing in fish to the show. You worked you ass off and I am grateful.

JasonS: The Computer Guro who non stopped put in info and printed pretty much everything on time….

GarryC: for assisting with computer and running papers back and forth to judges and recorders..

Showanut, John and Jolene for being on your feet all day long. You guys are always willing to work a show and give a helping hand and show fish at the same time.

Shir: Horimotos, for entertaining the Japanese Judges on there own time..

Koinut: Rob helped out on Friday in the rain and all weekend.. Went back home at 2am then came back by 8am.

Koi Acres for pitching in on benching Saturday morning and working the show with judges bowling koi…

Guy Kmett: all the way from Hawaii koi club... Mahalo!

Jim Phillips for doing the water quality for all the tanks and keeping the fish happy.

Rick Blazo for helping out Friday through Sunday. This guy never stops. always at a koi show and never complains.

Also to the many people who came out the show to show koi and just be apart of the festivities… From around the world.. Without the hobbyist we would have no KOI SHOW…

If I missed anyone I am sorry. I am pretty much sick in bed as the show and bad weather caught up to me.. I think this is the first post I posted for 2006

Joe

All Bay Area Show Coordinator...
    It's a living creature (chit happens)

Joe, you are more then welcome. I really enjoyed working with you on this project and I hope we can do this again in the near future. Glad to have you back on Bito posting again as well!
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Tosai

Smile

Hey Joe,
    You did better than great!
    Show was the best I ever attended.
    Good food, good hotel, and great people
    from everywhere. And the Koi? Wow!
    Thanks again. See you in Japan.
    Also, need a vacation? come down to my
    condo in South Beach. Hot chics are everywhere.
    LOL.

Luyen from Naples

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth
    Joe, you are more then welcome. I really enjoyed working with you on this project and I hope we can do this again in the near future. Glad to have you back on Bito posting again as well!

Sansai
    Dr. Luyen,
    I'm so jealous with Joe. I live in Fl but didn't get invited(JK).

Quote Originally Posted by luyendds
    Hey Joe,
    You did better than great!
    Show was the best I ever attended.
    Good food, good hotel, and great people
    from everywhere. And the Koi? Wow!
    Thanks again. See you in Japan.
    Also, need a vacation? come down to my
    condo in South Beach. Hot chics are everywhere.
    LOL.

Luyen from Naples

Tosai
    Indeed... I'm still "buzzed" over this show. Congrats to all those involved!

Joe, no problem always!!! You know I am always down for koi!!! KOI-UNIT 4 Life bro!!!

Tony

Joe~

Your welcome. I appreciate all your hard work; this was probably the show for 2006. One thing that made a difference was all the support, not just the workers and vendors, but also the support from people showing their koi and all the visitors to the show. Everyone got involved and made it such a successful event (even with the bad weather). All the pictures show it.

It was nice to hang out with old friends (not literally; except for Rueben J/K)and meet new ones. And if I didn't mention it earlier, THANK YOU as well. Get some rest and get well.

erwin

BTW ~ does this mean you're back?

Nisai
    Joe,

You ran a great show and it was a pleasure to help out & meet all of you guys.

Thanks Again for all your hard work!

Thanks all! I feel a bit better today.. Need to recoupe for my Japan trip which is right around the corner.

One thing I that really stood out for me at this show was the comraderie of dealers that were benching together.

This shows the unselfishness of these guys willing to work for the ultimate goal which is to just have fun and appreciate koi for what it is. I wish I could do more for you guys and words cannot express my gratitude to you all...

Brian from Champion Nishikigoi

Rick Blazo from Wild Orchid Koi and Water Gardens

Rob from Majestic koi

Mike and Devin from koi Acres

I just needed to give credit where credit it due and hopefully we will be able to do it again soon..

Joe

By the way I need to thank joelan for her stand up MC and woonderful voice and sound system. I didnt sing but I supported with my cell phone light

Thanks Joelan...

Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast