Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: New Pond

Lee
    Sansai

Gosh, I must aplogise, I must have been in a terrible mood when I wrote the above -

re:I must have been in a terrible 'funk' when I wrote the above.

Thus, I need to apologise for what appears (as I have now re-read what I wrote - to your turning off of your pumps; as you have choosen to do...

Indeed, you've done a wonderful job in the construction of your pond and my response was totally 'out of order'.

Obviously, in the Cayman Islands I am dealing with a hot and year round' tropical environment which requires a signficant amount of additional air to keep the oxygen levels of my pond water high.

Whilst, you are not. Thus, I had no need to write such a misleading and inappropriate statement about your pond and your fish husbandry.

Please accept my apology!

I note also from the above authors on clay that "Sodium bentonite is the more costly and higher grade product used for commercial applications where leak sealing is a priority. it will also cleanse your koi's colon in a safe way, improving both coloration and health."

Thus, I wonder, whether the clay which I have been using these past years (which I have been purchasing) from Gene Winston at Koi Village is sodium bentonite or calcium? And, does any one know - which it is that he sells?

And, does anyone who also have added to the above thread about clay know the e.address where I can find a reliable source (company) within the USA who would both bag and ship a one hundred pound bag of the best grade SODIUM BENTONITE to my freight forwarder in Miami?

With my respects (and, my humble apology) ~

Lee Aronfeld
    Grand Cayman Island

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    re:I must have been in a terrible 'funk' when I wrote the above.

Thus, I need to apologise for what appears (as I have now re-read what I wrote - to your turning off of your pumps; as you have choosen to do...

Indeed, you've done a wonderful job in the construction of your pond and my response was totally 'out of order'.

Obviously, in the Cayman Islands I am dealing with a hot and year round' tropical environment which requires a signficant amount of additional air to keep the oxygen levels of my pond water high.

Whilst, you are not. Thus, I had no need to write such a misleading and inappropriate statement about your pond and your fish husbandry.

Please accept my apology!

I note also from the above authors on clay that "Sodium bentonite is the more costly and higher grade product used for commercial applications where leak sealing is a priority. it will also cleanse your koi's colon in a safe way, improving both coloration and health."

Thus, I wonder, whether the clay which I have been using these past years (which I have been purchasing) from Gene Winston at Koi Village is sodium bentonite or calcium? And, does any one know - which it is that he sells?

And, does anyone who also have added to the above thread about clay know the e.address where I can find a reliable source (company) within the USA who would both bag and ship a one hundred pound bag of the best grade SODIUM BENTONITE to my freight forwarder in Miami?

With my respects (and, my humble apology) ~

Lee Aronfeld
    Grand Cayman Island

Lee,

No problem don't worry about it, I understand where it came from we all want the best for our koi and are passionate about it.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516