Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pond

Ok I thought I would start some pictures from the begining.

Junglegeorge,

I am in Washington State north of Seattle, those are for some type of spitters.

Mitten,

I am planning on sealing the concrete block with a product called Sanitred.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Pond-im003401.jpg   New Pond-im003402.jpg   New Pond-im003406.jpg   New Pond-im003407.jpg   New Pond-im003438.jpg  

New Pond-im003441.jpg   New Pond-im003447.jpg   New Pond-im003585.jpg   New Pond-im003631.jpg   New Pond-im003636.jpg  

New Pond-im003640.jpg   New Pond-im003642.jpg   New Pond-im003644.jpg   New Pond-im003647.jpg  

Jumbo
    Stacey-

You have a lot more pics, go ahead and post them.

I'll condense all of the rags into one paragraph- inside corners are square instead of rounded, the plumbing appears to have used tight 90's instead of sweep 90's, and the one you could hear from almost everybody here...BIGGER!

My experience with Sanitred is this- getting the job done with the amount of product that is recommended is a challenge, for me both a challenge of strength, because I'm no longer a dude, (Many can testify here) and the time crunch of the cure of the product. I had two helpers; I should have brought three painters, good strong ones. One heating contractor and one great painter is probably enough for your job.

The cap stones may be sawn paving blocks. If they are anything other than inert stone, like granite, seal them also, to protect them from weathering deterioration, freeze/thaw damage, and to isolate them from the water chemistry of the pond. Clear sealers can be had at Depot, etc., (careful choosing) but wouldn't clear Sanitred be nice?

I have seen clay carp heads and bronze dragons used for wall spitters. The effect is pleasant and fountainlike. Here is one pic from a favorite pond posted a while back on koi.com.my. This little pond took up ALL the available yard space. I think it was in Singapore, but don't have exact memory. Hmm, yes, I think yours is a beauty also. What a luxury of yard size we have in US.

Mickey the windowman
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Pond-dt_pond_front_view_1-medium-.jpg  

Here are some more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Pond-im003606.jpg   New Pond-im003612.jpg   New Pond-im003616.jpg   New Pond-im003617.jpg   New Pond-im003661.jpg  

New Pond-im003662.jpg   New Pond-im003670.jpg   New Pond-im003675.jpg   New Pond-im003678.jpg   New Pond-im003681.jpg  

New Pond-im003683.jpg   New Pond-im003688.jpg   New Pond-im003741.jpg   New Pond-im003742.jpg   New Pond-im003744.jpg  

New Pond-im003745.jpg   New Pond-im003704.jpg   New Pond-im003706.jpg   New Pond-im003723.jpg   New Pond-im003727.jpg  

And a few more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Pond-im003537.jpg   New Pond-im003539.jpg   New Pond-im003544.jpg   New Pond-im003747.jpg   New Pond-im003749.jpg  

New Pond-im003752.jpg   New Pond-im003761.jpg   New Pond-im003763.jpg   New Pond-im003767.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by mitten
    Stacey-

You have a lot more pics, go ahead and post them.

I'll condense all of the rags into one paragraph- inside corners are square instead of rounded, the plumbing appears to have used tight 90's instead of sweep 90's, and the one you could hear from almost everybody here...BIGGER!

Mickey the windowman
    Mickey,

There is one short radius 90 and the rest are long, it's hard to see with the 2" insulation on the pipe, the corners have not been rounded yet I still have more work on the inside before I seal it I couldn't get it any bigger as I ran into verry large roots from a 100' tall Monkey tree in our front yard(like 14" roots) and there is a gas line that runs to the house on the other side

Wishing you every success on the pond.... I'm looking forward to seeing the filter arrangement.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM
    Wishing you every success on the pond.... I'm looking forward to seeing the filter arrangement.

Thanks, I will post pictures when I get that far.

Smile Kool Pond

Your pond is awsome!!!!!!!!!! Would you come do the Stone work on the top edge of mine? That's next after seein yours.

High tech toooooooooooo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Pond-6-feet-deep.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Charlespear
    Your pond is awsome!!!!!!!!!! Would you come do the Stone work on the top edge of mine? That's next after seein yours.

High tech toooooooooooo.
    Thanks Charles I like yours too it looks like a real nice spot to relax with a cold one

Jumbo
    Stacey-

Thanks for the effort posting for us. Let me assume that with some good weather and a bit of time you will have another batch of pics here. There are still pics of your s.c. and screen coming as well as the finish of the waterfall lip. Shower?

Still again I must compliment you on your progress and the quality of what you have built. This pond certainly is as beautiful and should be as efficient as any pro built pond. (Pond building pro is what I mean, of course.) The British who post their pond projects always say something like "I laid the lawn squares finally and the garden is again livable." Soon you'll have grass too. Next the Brits'll almost always talk about pints of this or that. Just like you envisioned with Charles Spears' pond and lanai, his little spot in paradise.

Are there koi waiting or will you be getting new fish for the pond when it is done? Gosanke? one female each? Plus a shiro and an ogon maybe? Or well loved, beautiful, fat mutts?

Mickey the windowman

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast