Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pond

New Pond

Well just thought I would post some pictures of my new pond I am building.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Pond-im003782.jpg  

pretty cool looking pond...What are the specs?

Very artistic layout there! What did you use to make the slate stick to the blocks? I'm planning the same thing on a pond, just wondering what is the best adhesive to use?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Pond-various-pics-023.jpg  

Jumbo
    Miss Stacey-

A very beautiful pond project. You are showing great will, restraint, and fortitude by finishing all of the tiling before adding water and fish. That should sound like I have a pond without all of the tiling done. Yep. Very nice sawing for the cap stones.

Filter pit is shown only once without enough of the upper walls included to give us much reference. Might you show another pic so we can relate to the flows of your system? And of course the schematic in Excel would be nifty too. Having them posted on koi.com.my to learn from has been very helpful to me but has also made me a bit spoiled? A drawing would help us figure out if your pond is 8x10x5, for 3000g, like we would have to guess from your pics.

Also not entirely clear is whether you will be dropping in a liner or waterproofing the block. If waterproofing, what do you plan to use? It does appear that you may be using a liner because you have left your inside corners square.

And now the good part. Did you sneak tubing into the concrete bottom for heating?

Mickey the windowman

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori
    pretty cool looking pond...What are the specs?
    It is 8'X11'X5' with a 3.5'X11' filter pit, I am using a 270 gal SC with micro screen to a 100 gal moving bed filter, skimmer circut will be pump to UV to waterfall and spitters.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoyboy
    Very artistic layout there! What did you use to make the slate stick to the blocks? I'm planning the same thing on a pond, just wondering what is the best adhesive to use?
    The slate is actually installed on tile concrete board as the pond is totaly insulsted with 1.5" cellular foam, the pond is heated with radiant tubing in the concrete floor and also through the bond beam blocks in the walls, I used a high quality thin set mortor and used a latex addative instead of water that makes the mortor kind of rubbery, and is for extierior use, I can get the names of the product today and post them tonight.

Thanks, and again damn nice! Breaking away from traditional look is very eyecatching. I also would like to know what you intend to use to line the walls? I like your style man.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneypit
    The slate is actually installed on tile concrete board as the pond is totaly insulsted with 1.5" cellular foam, the pond is heated with radiant tubing in the concrete floor and also through the bond beam blocks in the walls, I used a high quality thin set mortor and used a latex addative instead of water that makes the mortor kind of rubbery, and is for extierior use, I can get the names of the product today and post them tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by mitten
    Miss Stacey-

A very beautiful pond project. You are showing great will, restraint, and fortitude by finishing all of the tiling before adding water and fish. That should sound like I have a pond without all of the tiling done. Yep. Very nice sawing for the cap stones.

Filter pit is shown only once without enough of the upper walls included to give us much reference. Might you show another pic so we can relate to the flows of your system? And of course the schematic in Excel would be nifty too. Having them posted on koi.com.my to learn from has been very helpful to me but has also made me a bit spoiled? A drawing would help us figure out if your pond is 8x10x5, for 3000g, like we would have to guess from your pics.

Also not entirely clear is whether you will be dropping in a liner or waterproofing the block. If waterproofing, what do you plan to use? It does appear that you may be using a liner because you have left your inside corners square.

And now the good part. Did you sneak tubing into the concrete bottom for heating?

Mickey the windowman
    Thanks Mickey, I will post more specs and pictures later today when I have time, and by the way the last time I looked I was a boy

Jumbo
    Sorry, Stacey Man-

Looked in your profile but couldn't pick up the sex ID from what you have there. I did figure out that you were going to be heating with gas, though, didn't I? My barn has radiant? infra red? tube heaaters suspended from the ceiling for heating the water there.

Mickey the windowman

Oyagoi
    Nice, are you in My Vernon, Va, outside washington dc or in washington state?

What have u got planned for the two tubes beside the waterfall slot?

Good heating choice. All you need now is an enclosed room to get you right next to that pond in the winter so you can have some color on the winter days to enjoy.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast