Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sacramento Koi Show (September 30 - October 1, 2006)

Wow Toshio Sakai....Russ must have pulled alot of strings to reel in a person like that...

Assistant Judge

Gelldu has a new job in the world of Koi Shows
    Gelldu has accepted an invitation to be one of the Assistant Judges for the Sacramento Koi Show, Garden Club, Pond Builders and Vendor Faire.

Here's a brief bio on Gelldu:
    Pond Size: 13,000

Year Certified as Judge: 1999
    Year entering program: 1995

Years in Hobby: since 1972

Affiliated Club and how many years:San Francisco Bay Area Koi club 5 years vice pres/showchair. ZNA so Cal 5 years, Camellia koi club 5 years, ZNA Oranage 3 years

Positions held in club:Vice president & show chair.

Other koi related Activities:Speaker at Clubs

Accomplishments: Won best young, best baby and Tategoi award and Koi person of the year.
    GarryC

Cool, lineup of judges so far...whoelse? Anymore breeders?

Banned
    Wholy monkeys hopefully i will be there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scvkoi
    It is my pleasure to announce that TOSHIO SAKAI (aka Matsunosuke) will be the Head Judge for the Sacramento Koi Show, Garden Club, Pond Builders and Vendor Faire, September 30, 2006-October 1, 2006.
    This is a great news....it is an honor for Sacramento Koi Show to pull this out.....

--Dinh

The campaign to bring in sponsors for the Sacramento Koi Show began at the end of January with the Valley of the Sun Koi Club’s annual Koi Show held as part of the Chinese New Years celebration in Phoenix, Arizona, then continuing with the Koi Club of San Diego’s Annual Koi Show, then moving to the Zen Nippon Airinkai Southern California Chapter’s Annual Koi Show in Gardena, CA, the Annual PS Koi Spring Event in Martinez, CA, and the All Bay Area Koi Show in Pleasanton, CA. There have also been mailings to previous events’ vendors/sponsors.

I am pleased to announce that Peters & Sons Koi & Pond Supply of Martinez, CA. has committed to being a Platinum Level Sponsor; this is the exclusive Corporate Sponsor of the Sacramento Koi Show. Please help me in Thanking Russell and Kari.
    PS&Son is one of the best dealers in the Bay Area. I hope all other koi dealers will be invited to sponsor the show as well. It will be a great thing for hobby and koikichies to have many koi dealers, including all Bay Area koi dealers to be part of the show together....

--Dinh

Nice going Russ and Kari. To be able to bring Toshio Sakai to the Bay Area for, I believe, THE VERY FIRST TIME, is a major accomplishment. This will be a great event. Am I also correct that Sakai-san will also be doing a lecture? Folks, you don't want to miss out on this event.

Background: For those who are not that familiar, I'm sure the name Matsunosuke has been mentioned a "few" times. He is the founder of the famous Matsunosuke bloodline of Tashio Sanke that is now a base for most breeders in their programs for growing very large, very high quality Sanke throughout Japan and the rest of the world. Seems like everything this man touches turns to gold. He even has a race horse named MATSUNOSUKE that won the most prestigous Derby/Stakes race in all of Japan last August. Saw a picture of it winning the race. Sakai has it displayed in his office at the Isawa Nishikigoi Center (his shop) in Isawa. Probably the most beautiful example of a thoroughbred I've ever seen. (I used to be a horse racing fanatic in my early years)!LOL

Any way, Garry et al, sounds like it's shaping up to be a great show. Keep us posted

Mike

Nisai
    That is very great job. Thank you, Garry, and PSkoi to do that wonderful works. It will be another great show for the hobby to enjoy. I sure will not missing this one.

Nisai

fixing to be a great show

This is looking like it will be one of the best shows on the West Coast!

Gelldu has a new job in the world of Koi Shows
    Gelldu has accepted an invitation to be one of the Assistant Judges for the Sacramento Koi Show, Garden Club, Pond Builders and Vendor Faire.

Here's a brief bio on Gelldu:

Affiliated Club and how many years:San Francisco Bay Area Koi club 5 years vice pres/showchair. ZNA so Cal 5 years, Camellia koi club 5 years, ZNA Oranage 3 years

Just want to add a little bit to it is that, Gelldu is a Founding Member of ZNA NorCal Chapter, the newly born koi club. Gelldu was also a member of the oldest koi club in the States mainland, Golden Gate Carp Society.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast